One Acre Fund is hiring a Strategy and Research Analyst to join a growing team working on assessing the possibility for One Acre Fund to launch a program aiming to reduce deforestation while improving smallholder farmers’ lives in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). You will gain exposure to a growing social enterprise and the opportunity to learn from and support a successful new venture unit. This role would be ideal for candidates with a strategy and operations background, and with rigorous research skills developed in prior professional experiences. The Analyst role will report into the NCE lead for DRC.
Kinshasa (DRC) with regular travels to Western provinces, or Kigali (Rwanda) with regular travels to Kinshasa (DRC) and Western provinces
Will this position be managing others?
Key Job Responsibilities
- You will conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to help strengthen our understanding of a problem, assess opportunities, and to build relevant interventions
- You will provide succinct and actionable recommendations to field, leadership, and global teams
- You will build effective financial models to assess investment opportunities and define future budget needs
- You will coordinate projects with global teams based in Kigali and in Nairobi
- You will draft memos and prepare presentations to increase visibility of the team’s work both internally and externally
- You will lead different administrative tasks associated with establishing a One Acre Fund presence in a new country (e.g. legal entity application)
Top Skills and Qualifications
- Management consulting experience or a proven track record of solving complex, ambiguous problems in a structured way.
- 3+ years of relevant professional work experience in the field of innovation, food security, or business/management consulting
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a relevant field
- An ability to identify what matters and communicate that clearly and concisely, as well as create insights and inform recommendations
- Language: fluency in French and English. Knowledge of Lingala or Kikongo is an added advantage.
- A general sense of adventure: new country expansion team members travel a lot and go to places where programs are not yet setup. A positive attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges is essential.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
6 months, renewable
Sponsor International Candidates
One Acre Fund can support a work permit for this role. However, nationals of (or those with an extensive professional background and work history in) our countries of operation are preferred.
10 April 2023. Applications after this date will be accepted on a rolling basis.
For more information reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (email@example.com), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.