Who We Are
At OKX, we believe our future is reshaped with technology. Founded in 2017, OKX is one of the world’s leading cryptocurrency spot and derivatives exchanges. OKX innovatively adopted blockchain technology to reshape the financial ecosystem by offering some of the most diverse and sophisticated products, solutions, and trading tools on the market. Trusted by more than 20 million users in over 180 regions globally, OKX strives to provide an engaging platform that empowers every individual to explore the world of crypto. With its extensive range of crypto products and services, and unwavering commitment to innovation, OKX vision is a world of financial access backed by blockchain and the power of decentralized finance.
We invest in our people as much as we invest in technology. We are united by our engaging culture, here we win as a team, embrace changes, and do the right thing. We are committed to creating a friendly, rewarding and diverse environment for OKers. It doesn’t matter where you come from, here everyone feels valued, respected and has the same opportunities to develop and thrive — we want to bring out the best in you.
The Team and the Opportunity
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the growing OKX Bahamas team and work with local and global teams across compliance, risk management, legal, finance, product, cybersecurity and people functions to support the continued growth of the platform. You will have the opportunity to learn, excel and engage in a fast-paced, cutting-edge and multicultural working environment while increasing your knowledge on the digital asset space, finance, tech, and regulation. You will gain exposure and opportunities that can be beneficial to personal and professional development. You will be working from the office three days a week, and may work remotely two days a week.
What You’ll Be Doing
The Senior Operations Manager will work directly with the CEO to execute the vision of the company through operations strategy. The successful candidate will have a data-driven and standards-based mindset and help shape, oversee and optimize the systems, processes and people necessary to support the business operations and priorities and deliver according to the budgets and timing and forecasts. Additionally, the Senior Operations Manager will lead, coach and mentor the execution teams as well as drive performance based on critical KPIs and leading indicators of growth and risk. This role requires expertise in business strategy execution, team leadership, project management, and adherence to regulations, standards and policies with a deep understanding of business management methodologies.
- Work as the “right hand” to the CEO by helping to drive the execution of organizational vision and developing the organization's operational strategy.
- Collaborate with team leads to align resources, map KPI’s and translate the strategy into a strong executable plan.
- Ensure all operations comply with all regulatory requirements.
- Assist in development, iteration and implementation of policies, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure sound and efficient operations.
- Act as “Integrator” for the company by continually collaborating with cross-functional teams, assessing gaps, optimizing processes, managing risks and driving performance, taking personal accountability for ensuring effective execution across the organization
- Have and instill a data-driven decision-making and performance mentality.
- Lead and motivate teams to increase engagement.
- Work with HR to develop and coach a high-performing team that contributes to the growth of the organization and the local digital asset community.
- Shape the company culture. We are building a place where people are happy to come to the office, where collaboration, transparency, intellectual curiosity is embedded in our organization's DNA.
- Resident of the Bahamas
- 5+ years' experience in operational leadership positions within a professional services environment
- Experience managing operational budgets
- A passion for mentorship and leadership
- A solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics
- Familiarity with cryptocurrencies and blockchain
- Self-starting performer who works well under the pressure in a fast-paced, multi-cultural environment.
- The successful candidate's core capability will be in tech operations- operations strategy development, operations management, reporting and leadership.
- Deep understanding of financial technology and software development, delivery, project management disciplines are crucial.
- You will have a successful background in running operations unit to ensure non-IT processes are delivered to and quality
- Experience in having the responsibility for mitigating risk and meeting all compliance & legal requirements
- Detail oriented
OKX is committed to equal employment opportunities. Our diversity initiatives and strategies are designed to attract, develop, and advance the most talented individuals regardless of their race, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender, disability status, or any other dimension of diversity. Our distinctive approach to diversity is based on a belief that we each have a personal accountability for success in this area. We believe that our workforce should reflect the vast diversity of the communities we serve, and that diverse voices should be elevated and intentionally integrated into our work. We embrace difference and diversity of identity, experience, and thought, and actively strive for inclusive behaviors across our company and our work. By promoting these values, we aim to create a positive work experience that encourages a sense of belonging.