OKX is a world-leading digital asset trading platform, providing advanced financial services to traders globally by using blockchain technology.
OKX provides hundreds of token & futures trading pairs to help traders to optimize their strategy. We are also one of the top digital asset trading platforms by trading volume, serving millions of users in
over 100 countries. OKX derivatives remains a top-notch venue globally and has a daily volume of approximately $10 billion and is widely recognized as the golden standard in the industry. We believe the blockchain technology will eliminate barriers to transactions, increase the efficiency of transactions across society, and eventually have a significant impact on the global economy.
We strive to make innovative achievements that change the world and never stop to improve on our customer experience.
About the Opportunity:
A unique and highly-impactful role at one of the fastest-growing global cryptocurrency exchanges. The CDD Team lead is responsible to review customer KYC cases that have been identified through our onboarding systems for potential money laundering, terrorist financing, Bank Secrecy Act violations and other AML or fraud related. This individual must have prior know-your-customer and sanctions compliance aexperience.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide people management and development responsibilities and ensure team service level standards are met.
- Liaise with Compliance department and management within business units.
- Assist in overseeing new client onboarding and assist in implementing process enhancements to improve client onboarding experience.
- Monitor periodic review to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Prepare daily and weekly metrics and progress reports.
- Being the contact point for any question arising from clients and any other internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensure that all legal and customer files/data are maintained in accordance with European Regulations and Group policies
- Investigating possible matches generated by the scanning application that the Company uses to screen customers against sanctions, PEP's and adverse media news and ensuring the appropriate action is taken.
- Provide information to management in respect of AML/CDD issues arising.
- Maintain delivery of a high quality service level to customers and other departments ensuring all queries are dealt with in a professional manner and escalating where appropriate.
- Manage specific projects, which may arise from time to time.
- You have 3+ years of related experience in, KYC/KYB, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance or a similar compliance or risk control-related function in the financial service industry and have had experience in working across multiple jurisdictions in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant equivalent experience or professional qualification.
- Proven people management experience with the ability to see the big picture without losing attention to detail.
- Strong communication, planning, and organisational skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
- You are a ‘team player’ who can work well within the function to deliver a quality service.
Nice to Haves:
- ACAMs, ICA certification or demonstrated knowledge of AML regulations is an advantage
- Experience working with teams across global offices and time zones
- Individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information every day which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity