Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination - we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Gotion is looking for a Financial Controller to oversee corporate finance. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and supervising all aspects of the accounting department. This position will assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed. Routinely, works closely with outside CPA to facilitate and execute required practices, reporting and reconciliations. The ideal candidate would be a leader who enjoys driving change and improvement.
- Monitor monthly closing and prepare monthly/quarterly/annual financial reports.
- Support in the development and monitoring of financial/operational tools and metrics to measure the business profitability and efficiency and make pertinent recommendations.
- Contribute to the implementation of best business practices and processes; Procure to pay, inventory management, fixed asset management, and cost accounting, etc. while supporting a culture of continuous improvement.
- Guarantee that the financial information produced is reliable and complete and adhere to the internal control structure to minimize the business risks inherent in operations or fraud.
- Maintain and manage documented system of accounting policies and operations.
- Ensure proper accounting based on ASC 606 and ASC 842, and review contracts for proper accounting memo and narratives for external audit.
- Monitor cash and funding balances.
- Advise on financial analysis and decision-making regarding capital investments, pricing, contract negotiations, significant costs, benchmarks, and other matters with management and CPA.
- Ensure complying with local, state, and federal laws regarding finances, tax filings, and reporting.
- Additional controller duties as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent experience
- CPA is strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in accounting, combined with considerable experience in an industrial / manufacturing environment, with 3+ years in senior management position.
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to achieving results.
- Manufacturing controller experience
- Leadership, Visioning, Multitasking and Time Management skills
- Big 4 and private industry experience are strongly desired.
- Knowledge of SAP software (an asset) and experience with a software system implementation
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and costs control principles and Generally Accepted Principles (GAAP)
- Must possess a positive attitude and ability to adapt to changes in workload and job requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations.
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package at Gotion, and is determined within a range. This provides you with the opportunity to progress as you grow and advance your career at Gotion. The base pay range for this role is shown below, and will depend on your skills, qualifications, experiences, and location.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.