Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination - we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization.
Battery System Design: Based on project requirements, a battery design engineer conceptualizes and designs battery systems that are suitable for the intended application. This involves selecting appropriate battery chemistries, cell configurations, and packaging designs to optimize performance, energy density, safety and cycle life. The applicant should have a strong background in systems design (modul and pack design) with focus on design and application orientated solution for ESS applications:
• Pre-sales technical support for customer account engagements including the development of documentation/best practices and training to ensure a high-quality design and minimal post sales technical support issues
• Pre- and post-sales management of technical account engagements to ensure that comprehensive design, installation and operational plans are developed and communicated to drive successful ESS solution adoption
• Pre-sales technical support for utility scale and commercial business and projects/deals and customized/unique design support to ensure Gotion design win and high-quality designs that save our customers capital and labor costs
• Strong engagement and feedback/input to Research and Development and Product Management teams on identified product/technical issues identified along with recommendations for product improvements. Ability to lead product management and development of broad-based market training and tools that address best practices and requirements (e.g. standard and technical business tools)
• Coordination of field testing and feedback collection for new hardware and software
• Close cooperation and alignment with Customer Support to enable a closed loop system on key/top technical and product related issues and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, especially with top area installer accounts
• Lead engagement with customers on application of ESS systems and with evaluation and teaming with partners for balance of system equipment providers, software/EMS integration and EPC.
• Development of technical documentation to support portfolio of ESS products including technical specifications, manuals, safety certifications, and technical diligence proposals
• Working closely with sales team to determine appropriate prioritization of account/project opportunities relative to available technical resources and ensure close coordination and communication with the customer
• Leading and managing tasks in the technical pipeline to ensure that all identified/qualified projects get the proper and appropriate level of pre-sales design and technical support
• Working with China based R&D, design and pre-sales technical support process to ensure proactive participation with technical teams on test requirements, procedures, and plans to ensure ESS products are prepared and positioned to 'win' the business / Working closely with cross-functional teams, including electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, and suppliers, to ensure seamless integration of battery systems into larger products or systems. Participating in design reviews, meetings, and discussions to exchange ideas, provide technical expertise, and gather feedback.
• Leading and collaborating closely with Product Management on broad based technical tools and training and drive adoption through the sales team, partners and distributors
• Acting as sales focal point for input/feedback into product management on major product and technical issues and recommended solutions
• Managing closed loop process with product management, customer support and sales on all field pre-sales related topics and issues BSEE, BSME or MS preferred (including practical experience with distributed PV solar and energy storage system application)
• 2-5 years of experience in ESS engineering/design technical pre-sales support and project managemen
• Strong knowledge of cerification and regulatory codes for ESS installations and development
• Willingness to travel (international)
• Fluent in English (German and/or Chinese is a plus)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.