Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development.
Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route. Gotion is a career destination- we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Gotion is looking for a Tax Manager to build and lead a high-performing corporate tax team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the corporate tax function. The successful candidate should be a hands-on Tax professional that will lead the development and implementation of global tax planning strategies, tax compliance, tax audits, financial reporting for tax, and special projects. This candidate will feel comfortable using insights they have discovered to communicate important themes and discoveries to company leadership.
- Review annual domestic income tax returns prepared by a third party
- Overtax-relate dated documents and filings including federal, state, and local tax returns, declarations, and extensions
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes, including provision calculations and reserve requirements
- Drive continuous improvement across tax processes
- Liaise with senior management on tax issues and key company initiatives such as incentives and grants
- Ensure organizational compliance with tax code changes
- Oversee all costs associated with the tax function
- Prepare effective tax rate modeling to support long-range plan and cash flow forecasting
- Supervise and collaborate with outside tax advisors on various projects
- Maintain an understanding of the company's global business developments, investments, activities and business strategies, and advise senior management on the various tax planning strategies to enhance shareholder value
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to reduce tax expense, eliminate tax exposures, minimize audit deficiencies, and maintain a competitive effective tax rate
- Partner with the business to expand international operations and be the go-to for all aspects of tax
- Manage the process of gathering, documenting, and reviewing GAAP-tax differences used in the tax provision process under ASC 740 (formerly FAS 109) including reviewing and approving the reconciliation of income tax balance sheet accounts and tax basis balance sheets.
- Be responsible for the Company’s transfer pricing planning and compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/ Tax
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance, and procedures for corporations
- Experienced with U.S. federal, state, and local reporting requirements
- Must demonstrate a conceptual and business-oriented approach to communicate taxes and tax planning, and be able to effectively communicate with and influence non-tax business leaders
- Strong aptitude for identifying and implementing process improvements, including the use of new tax technology and automation tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and manage critical timeline
- CPA designation or master’s degree in accounting/tax or tax preferred
- 6+ years' experience, preferably within a Big Four public accounting firm and a multi-national public company global tax department
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $ 110,000 and $ 200,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.