Position: Senior Structure D&R Engineer
Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination- we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization
The Senior Structure D&R Engineer - is responsible for pack structure and thermal system design, design validation and final design release for enabling the development and delivery of the HV battery packs for new energy vehicle and or combined vehicle body structure, The main missions of the role are to:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead product development for mechanical components starting at concept development to meet requirements, scope definition, cost estimation, and feasibility studies,
- Design and release of the HV battery pack, battery housing, subcomponent mounting structure, vehicle mounting interface etc.,
- Creating 2D and 3D drawings of HV battery pack assemblies and components, including wire assemblies,
- Part and assembly model and drawing development of all mechanical components, including GD&T,
- Work with supply chain and supplier quality to ensure parts are delivered on time, with quality, by ensuring the appropriate analyses and tests are completed,
- Selecting and sourcing mechanical & thermal components for HV battery system,
- Complete risk/hazard reviews utilizing DFMEA and PFMEAs,
- Support CAE and validation to ensure design quality meets performance specifications/requirements,
- Lead and coordinate the resources to build and deliver the prototype battery pack on time and on target,
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or above in Mechanical Engineering etc.,
- Good CATIA or SolidWorks or Pro/E knowledge/Skills of product design required,
- Must display ability to identify problems, recommend solutions, and execute contingency plans,
- Knowledge of various materials, alternative fixing and joining technologies, and applying those into a design as appropriate, DFM/DFA skills essential,
- Minimum 3+ years' experience on HV battery design or automotive design, or related fields,
- Good oral, written and presentation English communication skill,
- Experience on Li-ion battery cell, module and pack design, CTP/CTC experiences is plus,
- Good project management skill
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills by developing consensus and win-win situations,
- Fully understand and abide the contents of Code of Conduct distributed by Gotion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $ 70,000 and $ 90,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.