Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination - we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Program Manager - is responsible for leading the program in all aspects, from program Request for Information [RFI] (or 'Request For Quotation' [RFQ] ) until 6 months after Start of Production. He/she is the guarantor of customer satisfaction in conjunction with the achievement of program Timing, Quality, Cost and Delivery objectives, while ensuring profitability throughout the entire program lifecycle. The main missions of the role are to:
- Develop strong relationships and manage the ongoing negotiations with the customer as the official Gotion Global Product representative.
- Prepare and submit the RFQ to Management if relevant.
- Liaise with the Program Controller, build the initial Business Plan, define the Program investment scheme, and release investments in compliance with controlling procedures; take economical responsibility for all deviations from initial requirements.
- Launch and monitor the Program: track progress by updating Business Plan, Program Dashboard and Budget Reports, and by leading reviews of program steps and results.
- Conduct Risk/Opportunity analysis and develop and implement appropriate action plans.
- Arbitrate any conflicts with the customer on financial and/or technical issues.
- Staff, manage and co-ordinate a cross-functional program team (Sales, Controlling, Purchasing, Quality, Production, Supply Chain, Design, Product & Process engineering), and define team members' objectives and assignments.
- Create a "Program Management culture" by ensuring processes defined in the Gotion Global Product Program Management System (PMS) are applied at all steps, and by developing synergies between all actors involved in the program.
- Organize communications throughout the program lifecycle.
- Ensure program smoothly transfer from Development Center to Production Plant.
- Organize key program information to ensure Program continuity and to contribute to knowledge management.
Required Qualifications: (3-5 key points required)
- The ideal candidate will have/be:
- Fluency in English & Mandarin
- Master's degree, ideally in engineering, or program management
- Minimum 4-7 years of job experience (in vehicle assembly plant, vehicle product development center, Tier1 supplier, energy storage system solution providers, similar industrial environment and/or with product experience a plus)
- Minimum 3-5 years of project experience
- Results orientation
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Conflict management skills: ability to prevent and solve conflicts
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Good knowledge of PM-Process
- Good knowledge of Program standards, tools and methods
- Ability to establish, develop, lead and unite a team
- Strong financial knowledge (incl. building and following a Business Plan)
- Problem solving techniques
- Strategic and analytic capabilities
- Planning and organizing abilities
- Fully understand and abide the contents of Code of Conduct distributed by Gotion
- Willing to do oversea travelling
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package at Gotion, and is determined within a range. This provides you with the opportunity to progress as you grow and advance your career at Gotion. The base pay range for this role is shown below, and will depend on your skills, qualifications, experiences, and location.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.