• Pre-sales technical support for customer account engagements including the development of documentation/best practices and training to ensure a high-quality design and minimal post sales technical support issues
• Pre- and post-sales management of technical account engagements as a key member of the sales team to ensure that comprehensive design, installation and operational plans are developed and communicated to drive successful ESS solution adoption and on-going business growth and loyalty
• Pre-sales technical support for utility scale and commercial business and projects/deals and customized/unique design support to ensure Gotion design win and high-quality designs that save our customers capital and labor costs
• Strong engagement and feedback/input to Research and Development and Product Management teams on identified product/technical issues identified along with recommendations for product improvements. Ability to lead product management and development of broad-based market training and tools that address best practices and requirements (e.g. standard and technical business tools)
• Coordination of field testing and feedback collection for new hardware and software
• Close cooperation and alignment with Customer Support to enable a closed loop system on key/top technical and product related issues and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, especially with top area installer accounts
• Lead engagement with customers on application of ESS systems and with evaluation and teaming with partners for balance of system equipment providers, software/EMS integration and EPC.
• Development of technical documentation to support portfolio of ESS products including technical specifications, manuals, safety certifications, and technical diligence proposals
• Working with the Sales Managers to deliver the highest level of quality field/customer technical support, enabling account and project wins and ensuring highest levels of customer support
• Working closely with sales team to determine appropriate prioritization of account/project opportunities relative to available technical resources and ensure close coordination and communication with the customer
• Leading and managing tasks in the technical pipeline to ensure that all identified/qualified projects get the proper and appropriate level of pre-sales design and technical support
• Working with China based R&D, design and pre-sales technical support process to ensure proactive participation with technical teams on test requirements, procedures, and plans to ensure ESS products are prepared and positioned to 'win' the business
• Leading and collaborating closely with Product Management on broad based technical tools and training and drive adoption through the sales team, partners and distributors
• Acting as sales focal point for input/feedback into product management on major product and technical issues and recommended solutions
• Managing closed loop process with product management, customer support and sales on all field pre-sales related topics and issues
• BSEE, BSME or MS preferred (including practical experience with distributed PV solar and energy storage system application)
• 2-5 years of experience in ESS engineering/design technical pre-sales support and project management
• Experience leading cross functional teams of engineering, design and project management SMEs
• Ability to effectively communicate complex technical subject matter with external partners and customers
• Solar and energy storage system industry knowledge and expertise, following trends and identifying competitive advantages and new opportunities, strong understanding of energy storage use-cases for utility and C&I sectors as well as major regional technical and regulatory Requirements
• Strong knowledge of NEC and UL system regulatory codes for ESS installations, including but not limited to the NFPA 70: National Electrical Code, Power System installation, UL9540a and 1973, IEEE1547, for the interconnection of distributed resources with power systems.
• Experience in the use and implementation of inverters/converters, DC & AC systems and component interconnection methods between energy storage systems and the grid including advanced grid functions
• Technical familiarity with BMS and EMS monitoring and control architecture, experience with integrating 3rd party EMS and site controls a plus.
• Strong networking and communication expertise and knowledge as it relate to powerline communication technologies and TCP/IP communication schemes in C&I and Utility settings
• Utility and C&I scale ESS system design expertise and experience a must. Including detailed understanding of energy storage system performance and economic modeling.
• Ability and willingness to travel locally, domestically and at times internationally。
• Experience working remotely with strong self-management and interpersonal skills and proven record of establishing and maintaining working relationships with customers, peers and managers