Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world's first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination - we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the regional strategy for indirect procurement, oversee non-production goods and services, esp. in production line, equipment, MRO, IT, and provide general services etc.
- Develop indirect supply base in NA, including but not limited to supplier sourcing, onboarding, and price negotiation.
- Initiate, develop, and execute sourcing strategic initiatives for our PACK/CELL/Cathode production line and equipment with alignment with regional business leaders, as well as with the HQ Indirect sourcing category team.
- Be responsible for optimization of supply chain layout, establishment, and analysis of cost benchmarks between NA, EU and China.
- Monitor suppliers’ project time plan and the delivery status of production line/equipment to ensure the on-time delivery and work with logistics team to resolve import/export issues.
- Conduct Supplier Business Reviews and manage relationships with strategic suppliers on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for supplier performance review with a cross-functional team.Be responsible for purchasing contracts and order processing.
- Benchmark procurement processes to develop and implement best practices of indirect sourcing for North America.
- Build up SAP system for North America under the support of regional/HQ IT and supply chain.
- Manage relationships with internal customers and stakeholders to provide the best overall outcomes from the supply chain.
Required Qualifications: (3-5 key points required)
- More than 3 years of work experience, proficient in office software.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in automotive engineering, mechanical engineering, electronics, chemical engineering, and related majors.
- Broad Purchasing Experience in automotive, Energy Storage or another manufacturing industry. Familiar with ERP system like SAP or Oracle etc.
- Market knowledge of the indirect supply base in North America (USA, Mexico, Canada), China and so on.
- Global sourcing experience and global strategic thinking and knowledge of global trade rules & regulations in import/export and global logistics, equipment Certificate like UL.
- Skilled at contracts and knowledgeable regarding local tax regulations and local laws in the US.
- Able to demonstrate effective negotiation styles and techniques.
- Strong coordination & collaboration ability with internal customers.
- Strong self-learning ability within the new business and fast-paced environment and cultures.
- Excellent level of spoken and written English.
- Mandarin or Chinese working experience is a plus
Base pay is one part of our total compensation package at Gotion, and is determined within a range. This provides you with the opportunity to progress as you grow and advance your career at Gotion. The base pay range for this role is shown below, and will depend on your skills, qualifications, experiences, and location.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
To all recruitment agencies: Gotion does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our employees or any company email. Gotion will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.