- Manages research and application product development projects, coordinates project work within the local research groups within the analytical services group.
- Researches select R&D topics related to electrolytes, electrodes and batteries with an understanding of their potential commercial impact.
- Interacts and coordinates project planning and product development activities directly with analytical capabilities of the site.
- Proactively moves projects towards completion in time-efficient manner (short to medium term projects/topics)
- Helps with the preparation of proposals for outside funding opportunities through writing editing, proofreading, researching and assisting the team involved in the process.
- Interfaces with outside collaborators and grant partners through meetings, calls and emails by sharing relevant information and contributing to the overall success of the program.
- Leads preparations for internal and external audits, including writing and documenting processes and helps to implement those processes.
- Leads process and safety reviews and prepares documentation.
- Directs the activities of assigned technicians, chemists and technical service engineers to complete project objectives; mentors reports in their scientific career
- Attends and presents group experimental data at internal Gotion meetings
- Files monthly report to direct supervisor
- Ensures good housekeeping in laboratory and storeroom. Disposes of waste and obsolete materials according to Gotion, local, state and federal rules and regulations. Attends and helps to lead all required training sessions and follows/monitors all safety regulations.
- BS degree in chemistry (or related field) and minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in an industrial laboratory environment, or a MS degree in chemistry (or related field) and minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in an industrial laboratory environment, or a PhD in Chemistry or Materials Science (or related field) and minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in an industrial laboratory environment, required
- 2 years minimum experience in direct communications with internal customers
- 1 year minimum experience in direct collaborations and communications with external customers.
- Extensive background in advanced analytical instrumentation.
- Advanced understanding of battery or energy storage systems required
- Background working with battery systems and electrochemical testing required.
- Experience in project management is required
- Ability to develop new technical concepts connected to business needs
- Strong work ethic and problem solving attitude
Gotion, Inc. is based in Silicon Valley in California, with R&D centers in Ohio, China, Japan and Europe. We innovate in the next generation electric vehicle and energy storage technologies (lithium batteries and related systems) with the aim to accelerate electrified transportation and achieve sustainable development. Gotion is powered by a leading power battery technology company that provides solutions for vehicles including the world’s first mass commercial e-bus route.
Gotion is a career destination- we are not simply attempting to just fill another job, but to pursue a dream of global green energy together! We offer outstanding opportunities to individuals seeking an exciting and challenging working environment. Everyone is highly valued and plays a vital role in the growth of our organization.