Appier is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to power business decision-making. Founded in 2012 with a vision of democratizing AI, Appier’s mission is turning AI into ROI by making software intelligent. Appier now has 17 offices across APAC, Europe and U.S., and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Ticker number: 4180). Visit www.appier.com for more information.
About the Role
You are going to work in the AiDeal product team. AiDeal is one of our products, which presents discount offers to e-commerce site visitors at the most appropriate timing, personalized by technology to detect the visitor’s growing desire to buy. We do this by analyzing browser behavior data (mouse-moving, scrolling, clicks, gestures) in real-time.
Our technologies are based on AWS, Vue.js, GraphQL, Node.js, Python, Redis, MySQL and MongoDB and very open-minded to accepting new technologies. We are everyday tackling huge challenges like analyzing, machine-learning and visualizing online traffics of more than 1 billion page views per month.
If you are not currently located in Taiwan yet, we will help you relocate by sponsoring your VISA. As you are going to work in an international team, no Mandarin skills are required because English is the most important language for our daily work.
As a Software Engineer, Full Stack Development, you will be involved in both web application and data pipelines development in order to provide high-quality services to achieve business needs. You will focus on architecture, system design, feature implementation, code review, test automation and deployment of new features with high scalability requirement. You will work at Appier in Taipei, Taiwan and co-work with teammates in Tokyo, Japan.
- Full stack web application and data pipelines development
- Ensure scalability, reliability and maintainability among micro-services
- Design system architecture and apply proper technologies
- Work closely with our PM/ML team to define feature specifications
- Perform code reviews to ensure high-quality and clean code
- Build and maintain unit tests and test automation
- Handle and resolve system and clients issues escalated from operational environment
- Stay on-call for critical alerts in rotation
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or relevant technical field with min. 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to build services on Linux-based systems
- Experience in developing Node.js applications
- Experience in one of the modern frontend frameworks (Vue, React, etc.)
- Experience in web API development (REST, GraphQL, etc.)
- Experience in using SQL and NoSQL database (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience in AWS, GCP or other cloud computing services
- Familiarity with Git
- Team player and able to work independently
- Proactive, great interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience in writing TypeScript, Ruby or Python
- Experience in designing and architecting large scale distributed system
- Familiarity with GraphQL
- Familiarity with Socket.IO
- Basic knowledge of machine learning