Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
Software Engineer, Backend Development at Appier focus on designing the most flexible, scalable backend architecture with optimized performance to pave the engineering road of our new products.
Task of the role
- Developing and operate scalable, reliable and maintainable service-based softwares and related components.
- Cowork with team members to design system architecture, choose proper technologies and plan development.
- Design & develop server-side architecture & function logic of new services
- Design and maintain database schemas for new services
- Ensures the scalability of the system
- Ensure the high performance of responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Integrate the front-end modules built by your coworkers into new services
- Responsible for laying the foundation for the platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development, monitoring of software, etc.
- Profiling and performance tuning of critical components
- Deploy system to production and monitor service health
- Participate in idea brainstorming and contribute ideas to technology, algorithms and products
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field with 3+ years experience in related industry
- Ability to build web services on Linux.
- Good at any of the listed language: Python / Scala / Go.
- Good knowledge of Network API Design ( e.g. REST or GraphQL).
- Good understanding of any SQL/NoSQL database (MySQL / MongoDB / Redis / etc.)
- Familiar with git.
- Team player and able to work independently.
- Proactive, good interpersonal and problem-solving skill.
[Nice to have]
- MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Good at profiler and debugging tools.
- High performance network service on Linux.
- Design and architect large scale distributed system.
- Design and implement distributed algorithm and data structure.
- Familiar with Nginx / HAProxy.
- Familiar with operation automation tool (such as Ansible).
- Familiar with continuous integration / continuous deployment
- Familiar with monitoring and alert system (Prometheus / Nagios).
- Familiar with functional programming.
- Familiar with Amazon Web Service or Google Compute Engine.
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general