Appier is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to power business decision-making. Founded in 2012 with a vision of democratizing AI, Appier’s mission is turning AI into ROI by making software intelligent. Appier now has 17 offices across APAC, Europe and U.S., and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange (Ticker number: 4180). Visit www.appier.com for more information.
About the role
At Appier Engineering, we aim to be humble, hungry and smart. We strive to improve through constant measurement and feedback; especially for the software we create, building less and talking more to ensure outcomes our users love while reducing waste. We aim to innovate by failing well, to be adaptable, being efficient or responsive when needed.
First and foremost, we seek an individual for the Software Architect role, who embodies the above values through his/her work or life experiences.
- Collaborate with a wide range of software development stakeholders to determine functional and non-functional requirements for new software or applications
- Use tools and methodologies to create representations for functions and user interface of desired product
- Develop high-level product specifications with emphasis on solution feasibility, scalability, availability and maintainability.
- Define and facilitate software development and production best practices including code review, devops, documentation, system monitoring, production support
- Develop, design and implement prototypes to analyze feasibility of new design and systems integration
- Lead innovation activities and new solutions to solve customer problems
- Lead by example and provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Proven experience as software architect; typically at least 8 years in Saas software development related roles
- Experience working in highly agile software development environments on enterprise-grade software products
- Experience in software development and coding in various languages (Python, Java, Node, Golang, etc)
- Practical experience implementing CI/CD and container technology (Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experienced in integrating large data applications and systems
- Ability to mentor and coach software engineers toward professional growth
- Strong SQL and distributed database experience
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture; ability to capture design details with strong documentation skills
- Professional experience analyzing code for weaknesses or vulnerabilities
- Strong understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Ability to lead without authority and influence thru communication
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills