Appier is an AI SaaS company on a mission to make AI easy, by making software intelligent. Founded in 2012, Appier has 17 offices across APAC, U.S. and Europe and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Visit www.appier.com for more information.
About the role
Who You’ll Work With
You will join our Seoul office and be part of our Global Machine Learning Professional Service team. You will join a team delivering world-class data applications to generate lasting impact for Appier’s notable clients in the Korea region and beyond.
The Professional Service team is a rapidly growing business within Appier and we work much like a start-up within Appier. Our team’s visions are two folded: first, we deliver distinctive end-to-end solutions to our enterprise clients using state-of-the-art Machine Learning algorithms to solve their industry problems; second, we productize from the impactful success of our Machine Learning algorithms into Appier’s core product lines.
We help our clients to transform their big ideas into a wide variety of ML-driven innovations - including digital marketing, personalization decision engine, analytics, embedded ML applications, conversational commerce, O2O, New Retail, etc - in a wide range of consumer-centric industries like FinTech, Retail, E-Commerce, E-Gaming, etc. The solution offerings include but are not limited to:
- Customer intelligence that uses ML analytics to create predictive user profiling and improve decision making.
- Product intelligence that uses a hybrid of NLP, CV, Deep Neural Network to extract knowledge from multi-modal data models.
Our Machine Learning Professional Service Team is composed of people - from scholars, Kagglers, analysts, architects, consultants, engineers with deep algorithmic knowledge - by their passion for shaping the AI business and creating the AI models to land in the real and live business settings. You'll be actively working with them and this is an ideal place to learn from the top Data Scientists, and teach them a thing or two from your region along the way.
Responsibilities of the role
What You’ll Do
At the pre-sales stage, you will proactively work with Appier’s Enterprise Solution sellers based in Korea to support Machine Learning solutioning in a variety of industries. In Machine Learning, “Problem is better than Solution”; in dialogues with data scientists, and with clients, you will continue to frame and propose the best possible solution and algorithm. You will develop solution proposals (e.g. uses cases, project planning, architectures) and present to business users - or technical users. Seeing is very much believing, especially in the AI world, you will work with the Professional Service team to create prototypes / POC by combining Appier’s products and Machine Learning tools on the cloud.
At the delivery stage, your work will be project oriented. You will manage the end-to-end Machine Learning project lifecycle to meet the success criteria – from project planning, project execution, to project reporting. You will lead the project team formed by different roles (data scientists, data analysts, and engineers) to implement a real AI application: from goal setting, data collection design (batch and real-time), ELT, data exploration & feature engineering, model training and evaluation, system integration, analytical reporting, and continuous optimization, and even MLOps.
With the success of project delivery, you will get exposure to transmit the knowledge of methodology to Appier’s Sales Enablement team to enforce the continuation of business scaling to the worldwide teams on an ongoing basis.
AI is a field being shaped and no one is an all-round expert. Working within the Professional Services team, you may hands-on Machine Learning analysis, and modeling, or lead the data scientists and engineering crews to complete it. A flexible career path will help you to continuously develop business skills as well as Machine Learning skills (based on your interest).
Lastly, while most companies are still trying to search for an AI initiative, AI methodologies, AI technologies, and AI platforms, you will be the AI advocate and practitioner, get exposure to real big retailing companies, to innovate new models, tools, and techniques in an encouraging environment by applying your skills. This is a fun and challenging opportunity.
* Fluency in English.
* Excellent organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
We understand nobody is a superman; you'll be an expert in any of the following fields to join us, to engage and deliver the exciting ML projects:
*3-5+ years of real world experience in a data science or data analytics role.
- Hands-on experience building and implementing predictive models using machine learning algorithms.
- Strong understanding of applied statistics and data mining techniques.
- Experience with one specific industry (e.g. retailing, FinTech, internet companies, media) and one specific problem (e.g. recommendations, RFM, sales forecast, predictive customer lifetime value, predictive user profiling, time-series, outlier detection)
- Skillful at multi-variant testing and continuous optimization methodology, or experiences with online A/B testing problem.
- Fluency with scripting (Python/etc).
- Enthusiasm to frame and solve real-world problems is, of course, a must. Customer-facing experience is a big plus.
- Familiarity with a variety of technical tools for the data engineering pipeline and BI/Analytics tools is a plus.
*3-5+ years of real-world experience in a consultant role, managing end-to-end project delivery.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong reporting skills by presentation and data visualization.
- Experience of project delivery in specific industries (e.g. retailing, FinTech, internet companies, media), specific solutions (e.g. Customer Data Platform, Personalization, User Experiences, Digital Marketing, Analytics, Business Intelligence)
- Familiarity with consultative sales processes in Machine Learning or analytics projects.
- Familiarity with a variety of technical tools for the manipulation of datasets.
- Experience dealing with complex customer organizations.
* 3-5+ years of real-world experience in a pre-sales or solutions architect role.
- Strong skills to deliver presentations, POC/POT, solution architectures and proposals to C-level.
- Experience dealing with complex customer organizations
- Deep experience with specific industries (e.g. Retailing, FinTech, internet companies)
- Familiarity with consultative sales processes in Machine Learning or analytics projects is a big plus.
- Familiarity with Big Data and Machine Learning technologies is a big plus.
- Skillful at Cloud platform (Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure) is a plus.
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better