This position can be remote.
What you can expect as a software engineer at Doctolib:
Doctolib is hiring a Full Stack Developer to work on our productivity software for doctors. You will be writing and deploying secure, well tested code that helps thousands of healthcare professionals spend more time caring for patients. 40 million patients use our website or our mobile app every month to book an appointment with a nearby doctor. That’s just the tip of the iceberg though, under the hood we help 100,000+ doctors by building software that increase their productivity.
Doctolib was built by it’s three co-founders in 2013. Our two technical co-founders Jessy Bernal and Ivan Schneider were the first Full Stack Developers here. As a Full Stack Developers you will work like them, deploying code into production every day, taking your own development decisions and developing an awesome user focused product that helps millions of people. What we are building is hyper secure, test driven and pragmatically user friendly. This is thanks to our tech values:
- User first: Both patients and professionals, we always put our users first.
- Ownership: The product must be ours so we can make the right decisions.
- Keep the stack simple: Be pragmatic, no tech just for the sake of tech.
- Learn & Grow: Everything goes fast, but we help you to grow and learn with us.
- Security and Reliability: We take this very seriously and embrace privacy by design.
About our technical environment?
- To be able to deliver features quickly and write meaningful code, we use Ruby on Rails for our backend, supported by a PostgreSQL database and Redis and ElasticSearch services.
- To allow our Ruby on Rails growing codebase to scale in a maintainable way, we invest into componentization to create a modular monolith with Rails engines.
- We use React on frontend side.
- We strive to upgrade our stack regularly to benefit from the latest features of Ruby, Rails and React.
- Our backend is deployed on a Kubernetes cluster hosted in AWS.
To help you get this job, we prefer to hire an experienced software engineer who has worked in web development, ideally with experience in Rails and React, and who already worked on systems involving security and confidentiality.
What we look for; is someone who is proactive, involved, curious and collaborative. You write test driven pragmatically engineered code. We don’t mind if you have not worked in a ruby/react environment, if you are ready to learn, we are ready to teach you. You are expected to complete a homework test and your code will be reviewed and discussed with you if it passes our tests.
We provide you an amazing package to join the team, an excellent remuneration, training, medical insurance, Docto trips, monthly Docto parties, Docto everything. Ask for more details.
More about the position
- Permanent Position
- Full time
- Location: Levallois
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- This job is eligible to partial or full remote
About the remote policy at Doctolib
As of October 2021, we provide 3 working modes:
- Remote: you work remotely and meet your team at the office once a month
- Hybrid: you work remotely 2 to 3 days per week and from the office on the other days.
- Office-based: you work from the office.
Apply now. Join us on this mission. We are excited to help you grow with us.
Founded in 2013, Doctolib is one of Europe’s fastest growing healthcare technology companies. Everyday we strive to fulfill three entrepreneurial missions:
1. Improve the daily life of healthcare personnel
3. Build a team of entrepreneurs with humanist values
We are dedicated to creating useful solutions for healthcare personnel and patients, regardless of age, condition or location. We strongly believe in prioritizing data privacy as we continue to build services with a positive social impact for the long run.
At Doctolib, we don’t just accept diversity, we respect and celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability or place of origin. We take care of each other and are grateful for each Doctoliber’s contribution to our mission!