This position can be remote.
You will be a technical leader, and will not only ship features that help millions of people access healthcare, but you will also coach and train your team members, and work on large initiatives that up-level the way we work as an engineering organization at Doctolib.
We do daily deployments on a CI pipeline with 25K+ tests.
Everything runs on Ruby on Rails, backed by PostgreSQL and Redis. Front side, we bet on React even for our Mobile apps.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
Build products used by millions of people every day
Mentor and coach your teammates
Collaborate with your team, engineering leaders, product, and design
Lead cross functional initiatives to up-level our engineering team
To go beyond the ad please check our technical blog.
What you can expect as a software engineer:
- 360 role: From helping to build the product with the Product Manager, coding, deploying your code, to bugs, and having feedback from users.
- Work closely with Product Manager as a Tech Holder
- Leads side projects in function of your affinity, you can check this example and this one.
- Dedicated time each week with your manager.
- Continuously building the next step of your career path.
Here an idea of your schedule:
- 60% designing and implementing new features, regarding the roadmap.
- 15% on tech tasks (stability, security, technical debt, you name it!)
- 15% on bugfix - in order to have an healthy platform
The rest is split between recruitment, field trip, cadrage technique, poker planning, follow up with Product Manager.
About our technical environment?
- We are working in Feature team: you will collaborate with your team, engineering leaders, product, and design teams. While keeping in touch with the others Feature with “Tech time”
- Working in an agile environment (you will enjoy lean startup methodology).
- You will be driven by code quality, code testing with the help of your peers for reviews.
- We are working on a monolith - You can check this video.
- Our stack is Ruby/React.
- We deploy 3 times per day - you can deep dive here.
- You can learn more about our values here and also here.
Why not mastering our stack isn’t an issue?
You won’t be the first one not mastering Ruby/React - a lot of our Doctolibers learned once they arrived!
We believe that technology should serve the product. It’s more relevant to us to recruit people:
- sensitive to product & to users
- who share a pragmatic vision of coding
- who wants to learn from the others and to the others.
- Have 8+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Are eager to work with or learn React & Ruby-on-Rails
- You understand the value of testing your code, individually or functionally, for each new feature or bugfix
- You appreciate agile methodologies, and want to put code into production every day
The interview process
You can check this article to discover some insights of our process.
- Recruiter Call (30 min)
- Home Test (1-2 hours)
- Technical interviews: 1st round (2 hours) & 2nd Round (2.5 hours)
- Immersion & Offer!
More about the position
- Permanent Position
- Full time
- Location: Levallois
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- This job is eligible to partial or full remote
About the remote policy at Doctolib
As of October 2021, we provide 3 working modes:
- Remote: you work remotely and meet your team at the office once a month
- Hybrid: you work remotely 2 to 3 days per week and from the office on the other days.
- Office-based: you work from the office.
Founded in 2013, Doctolib is one of Europe’s fastest growing healthcare technology companies. Everyday we strive to fulfill three entrepreneurial missions:
1. Improve the daily life of healthcare personnel
3. Build a team of entrepreneurs with humanist values
We are dedicated to creating useful solutions for healthcare personnel and patients, regardless of age, condition or location. We strongly believe in prioritizing data privacy as we continue to build services with a positive social impact for the long run.
At Doctolib, we don’t just accept diversity, we respect and celebrate it! We’re proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability or place of origin. We take care of each other and are grateful for each Doctoliber’s contribution to our mission!