Appier is an AI SaaS company on a mission to make AI easy, by making software intelligent. Founded in 2012, Appier has 17 offices across APAC, U.S. and Europe and is listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. Visit www.appier.com for more information.
About the role
Appier’s solutions is powered by proprietary deep learning and machine learning technologies to empowers every business to use AI to turn data into business insights and decisions. As an Software Engineer, Data Backend, you will be involved in helping to build critical components of this platform.
Task of the role
- Develop and operate data warehouse system and ETL pipeline for data access, collection, processing and storage, and support data analysis tasks
- Manage deployment of the platform on public clouds with hundreds of instances across the globe
- Dedicate to Big Data and Machine Learning Platform using Apache Spark and related technologies
- Responsible for laying the foundation for the platform as well as proposing solutions to ease software development, monitoring of software, etc.
- Handling hundred of terabyte data
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience building and operating large scale distributed systems or applications
- Experience with operating Spark or Hadoop farm
- Experience with managing data storage using HDFS and Cassandra
- Expertise in developing data structures, algorithms on top of Big Data platforms
- Ability to operate effectively and independently in a dynamic, fluid environment
- Ability to work in a fast-moving team environment and juggle many tasks and projects
- Eagerness to change the world in a huge way by being a self-motivated learner and builder
[Nice to have]
- 5+ years of experience in Internet Industry
- Contributing to open source projects a huge plus (Please include your github page)
- Experience working with Scala a plus
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Flink, Storm, Presto and related big data systems is a plus
- Experience with Public Cloud like AWS is a plus
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general