Appier is a technology company which aims to provide artificial intelligence platforms to help enterprises solve their most challenging business problems. Appier was established in 2012 by a passionate team of computer scientists and engineers with expertise in AI, data analysis, distributed systems, and marketing.
About the role
We’re looking for a Data Quality & Operations Engineer to ensure continuous delivery of a high quality data platform. You will work with data engineers to design testing plans, monitoring mechanisms for data ingestion, ETL pipelines and data serving systems to facilitate machine learning applications and data products. You will have good knowledge of the data flow across Appier products to ensure the data requirements at various stages are met, and become the domain expert. He/she will master the skills in designing and building data pipeline quality gate, monitoring framework and suitable automation, defining data quality metrics for downstream applications.
Task of the role
- Work with data engineers to understand the pipeline design, data flow, design the testing and monitoring plan, and ensure the testability and the observability
- Create and maintain automated tests and integrate into the data pipeline’s CI/CD workflow.
- Familiarize with data flow across products and teams, and be able to assess the data quality
- Define metrics around data observability, including freshness, distribution, volume, schema and lineage, that meets Appier’s product needs.
- Design and build data platform monitoring system together with product quality assurance engineers
- Recommend areas of improvement in data processing flow and advocate best practice of data usage
- Bachelor in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of experience working with data
- Strong proficiency in Python, SQL
- 1-2 years experience in Hadoop ecosystem, Spark a plus
- Experience in Analytics and BI tools
- Basic knowledge of data science and statistics
- Organized, methodical and focused on details
- Self-driven and good problem solver who can research and propose solutions
- Good communication skills to influence others without authority
- Curious and enjoy learning new knowledge and skills
Why join us?
We believe in building a great working environment where passionate individual can give their best, and to work with a talented team. To reward Appiers for their contribution, we also work hard to offer perks and benefits to make their life better
Perks and benefits
- Company office locations at the heart of central business district (CBD) in all our countries.
- Well stocked pantry with snacks and drinks
- Competitive salary
- Equity in one of the most exciting Artificial Intelligence startup in Asia
- Health insurance for all employees
- Your choice between Mac and Microsoft OS
- Frequent company and team gatherings to celebrate success and life in general