PayPay, a fintech company, that achieved more than 47M users within around 3.5 years since its launch in 2018 has hugely diversified employees who are from 40 different countries. To build "PayPay", we allied with Paytm, the biggest payment service company in India. Based on their customer-first technologies , we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan.
Our biggest competitor is "cash". We are seeking for people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed that other companies could never achieve, and who are passionate about promoting and spreading such a financial life platform in a short time along with professionalism.
PayPay is looking for a Platform Engineer to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our customers.
The mission of our SRE team (which we call "Platform team" at PayPay) is to build and architect stable infrastructure so that we can provide secure service to all the customers with our highest speed.
Our number of transactions as well as users have been increasing day by day since our first product release. The infrastructure/system must be capable of scale-out, and we need to always consider room for the growth. Since Paypay's system is highly mission-critical, handling payment solutions - our top priority for the system is to be able to provide stable service.
From risk-hedging perspective, it is important to assure our infrastructure is maintained properly with a high level of usability so that even if our resources fail instances get down, we can continue our service.
Our current phase is not yet a "maintenance" phase - as a platform engineer, you will be required to architect the whole system in a scalable manner while with employing a variety of technologies.
Architect, maintain and tune our PayPay infra system with the following tech domains:
※ We rotate roles and responsibilities among those tech stacks, and you will be able to experience a wide range of technologies.
| Python, groovy, HCL(, yaml)
| MySQL/AuroraDB, TiDB, DynamoDB, ELK, Kafka, Redis, nginx, envoy, openresty
| Docker, Kubernetes, Argo CD, Argo rollouts, Prometheus, Artifactory, AWS, GCP
| GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, terraform, ansible, about microservices, about 12 factors app, grpc, gitops
| NRQL, PromQL, Kibana, Bigquery
| Slack, Zoom, Confluence, JIRA, F2F
- Minimum of 3 years of professional administration experience with at least one or few of the following:
Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience with one or more configuration management tools, such as Terraform, Ansible
- Working knowledge of git and CI/CD tools
- Motivated to work with the platform and infrastructure for modern system using micro-service architecture
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Business level of English or Japanese
- Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Contribution to open source projects
PayPay 5 senses
- Please refer PayPay 5 senses to learn what we value at work.
- Full Time
- WFA(Work From Anywhere at Anytime)
- Remote Job
- You can live anywhere in Japan
- Super Flex Time (No Core Time)
- In principle, 10:00am-6:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m + 1h break)
- Two days off per week (as well as national holidays, New Year's break(December 29th to January 4th))
- Paid leave, congratulatory and bereavement leave, maternity/paternity leave, family care leave etc
- Annual salary paid in 12 installments (monthly)
- Based on skills, experience, and abilities
- Reviewed once a year
- Special Incentive once a year *Based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation
- Late overtime allowance, Work from anywhere allowance (JPY100,000)
- Social Insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance)
- Language Learning support
- Translation/Interpretation support
- VISA sponsor + Relocation support