PayPay is a fintech company that has grown to over 55M users since its launch in 2018. Our team is hugely diverse with members from over 50 different countries. To build "PayPay", we allied with Paytm; the biggest payment service company in India. Based on their customer-first technology, we created and expanded the smartphone payment service in Japan.Our biggest competitor is "cash". We seek people who can accept this challenge positively, brush up the product at a tremendous speed, and promote PayPay with professionalism and passion.
PayPay is looking for a Backend engineer to work on our payment system to deliver the best payment experience for our customers.
- Design large scale systems with high complexity to support our high throughput applications.
- Understand how to leverage infrastructure for solving such large scale problems.
- Develop tools and contribute to open source wherever possible.
- Adopt problem solving as a way of life – always go to root cause! Support the code you write in production.
We select the best combination of tech at times.
| Java, Kotlin, Scala
| Spring Boot, JUnit, Reselience4j, Feign
| MySQL/AuoraDB, DynamoDB, ELK, Kafka, Redis, TiDB
| Docker, Kubernetes, ArgoCD, AWS, GCP
| GitHub, IntelliJ, Gradle, Maven, npm/yarn, Flyway, Jenkins, snyk,
| Bigquery, Kibana, Spark
| PlantUML, draw.io, miro.com
| Slack, Zoom
- Experience in using Java under professional environment, or if you are non-Java user, excellent skills in generalized programming languages, such as Scala, Python and Go.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and distributed cache.
- Strong fundamentals in data structures, algorithms and object oriented programming.
- In-depth understanding of concurrency and distributed computing.
- Degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science or 5+ years equivalent experience in SaaS platform development.
- Business of English or Japanese
- Experience with implementing platform components such as RESTful APIs, Pub/Sub Systems, Database Clients.
- Experience with AWS services.
- Experience in working for system development in finance, payment, or similar industries
- Experience in system design, development of web system which handles massive amount of transactions or requires scalability
- Language ability in Japanese and English is a plus (We have a professional translator but it is nice to have language skills)
- Experience in microservices
PayPay 5 senses
- Please refer PayPay 5 senses to learn what we value at work.
- Full Time
- WFA(Work From Anywhere at Anytime)
- Remote Job
- You can live anywhere in Japan
- Super Flex Time (No Core Time)
- In principle, 10:00am-6:45pm (actual working hours: 7h45m + 1h break)
- Every Sat/Sun/National holidays (In Japan)/New Year's break/Company-designated Special days
- Annual leave (up to 14 days in the first year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment. Can be used from the date of hire)
- Personal leave (5 days each year, granted proportionally according to the month of employment)
＊PayPay's own special paid leave system, which can be used to attend to illnesses, injuries, hospital visits, etc., of the employee, family members, pets, etc.
- Annual salary paid in 12 installments (monthly)
- Based on skills, experience, and abilities
- Reviewed twice a year
- Special Incentive once a year *Based on company performance and individual contribution and evaluation
- Late overtime allowance, Work from anywhere allowance (JPY100,000)
- Social Insurance (health insurance, employee pension, employment insurance and compensation insurance)
- Language Learning support
- Translation/Interpretation support
- VISA sponsor + Relocation support