Associate – BSA/AML Analyst – Orlando, FL
About the team:
Capco’s Risk, Information Security and Compliance (RISC) team partners with community and regional financial institution clients and FinTech’s to optimize enterprise risk management and regulatory compliance programs, policies, and processes. Our value-added solutions are flexible and adaptable based on each client’s strategic objectives, products and services offered, and delivery channels. Our services and solutions are core agnostic and easily integrated. We supplement internal processes and skill sets with our diverse subject matter expertise and years of experience in the financial services industry. With a proven track record spanning 20+ years, our team is adept at generating effective and sustainable compliance and risk management strategies and programs to ensure ongoing compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and interagency guidance. Our ongoing monitoring of thousands of regulatory sites and pronouncements enables us to offer our valued clients actionable intelligence that effectively reduces financial, legal, regulatory, and reputational risk.
About the Job:
The Associate – Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) Analyst is responsible for participating in BSA/AML monitoring, governance, oversight, and regulatory reporting activities in coordination with compliance and internal control teams. The role of the BSA/AML Operations Analyst is to ensure that the firm and its employees conduct business in accordance with federal and state laws and rules and regulations, including the rules and regulations of the Securities and Exchange Commission, The Federal Reserve Bank, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and other governmental agencies, self-regulatory organizations and internal policies and industry best practices.
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Evaluate and monitor transactional activity to assess potential suspicious activity (e.g., money laundering)
- Perform transaction monitoring alert reviews and sanctions hit reviews to be able to identify when activity requires further investigation
- Interpret and implement client operating policies regarding financial data
- Identify data anomalies and red flags for money laundering, terrorist financing, fraud, and sanctions violations, and escalate for second level review
- Research, draft, and file Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) to enforcement networks, and document decisions not to file a SAR – exercising independent judgment and discretion while handling sensitive cases
- Execute account maintenance updates and process client lifecycle related reports
- Ensure client vetting data and document processing comply with regulations, guidelines, standards, and policies for all new accounts
What You’ll Bring with You:
- 1-2 years of AML experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to interact and work closely with business stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Possess strong analytical thinking and critical reasoning skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to effectively handle a fast-paced environment and successfully meet established deadline requirements
- ACAMS certification a plus
A career at Capco is a chance to help reshape the competitive landscape in financial services. We launch new banks, transform existing ones, and help our clients navigate complex change. As consultants, we work on the front-end business design all the way through to technology implementation.
We are the largest Financial Services focused consultancy in the world, serving everyone from global banks to emerging FinTechs, from strategy through digital transformation, design, business consulting, data and analytics, cyber, cloud, technology architecture, and engineering.
Capco is a young and growing firm. We maintain an entrepreneurial spirit and growth mindset, and have minimal bureaucracy. We have no internal silos that get in the way of your career opportunities or ability to focus on our clients and make a difference to the business. We offer the opportunity for everyone to learn rapidly, take on tough challenges, and get promoted quickly. We take pride in our creative, collaborative, diverse, and inclusive culture, where everyone can #BYAW.
We offer highly competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition reimbursement, and a work culture focused on innovation and creation of lasting value for our clients and employees.
Ready to take the Next Step
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to make a difference and contribute to a highly successful company with a significant growth trajectory.