Interactive Brokers ("IBKR") is seeking an entry-level Operations Associate to join our Clearing Department. The Clearing Department is responsible for critical post-trade functions for global equities, derivatives, commodities, fixed-income, forex and other investment securities. These functions include electronic trade and position reconciliation, prime brokerage operations, inventory management, settlement operations and client account transfers. The Clearing Department offers candidates an exciting potential for growth and a unique opportunity to learn many facets of state-of-the-art proprietary clearing and back-office systems for a global brokerage business.
In this role, you will operate these dynamic systems to solve interesting and unique problems in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. The ideal candidate contribute to the development of these systems to achieve higher degrees of operational efficiency and risk mitigation and/or to support new business or investment products. If you are enthusiastic about the financial markets, enjoy problem-solving, working with sophisticated computer systems and developers, and want to make a difference in a growing company, we welcome your application.
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Manage & follow up on incoming & outgoing client account requests
- Settlement monitoring
- Investigate & resolve rejected transfers issues
- Support of internal groups such as Client Service & Sales Representatives and other regional transfer departments
- Work on system enhancements to handle existing or new products & markets
- Interface with clearinghouses & banks regarding transfer instructions
Qualification & Skills
- Commercial apprenticeship, preferably in the banking or finance industry.
- Experience, coursework and/or a strong interest or following of the securities markets.
- Knowledge of settlement and account transfers is an advantage.
- Proficient MS Office user; eager to learn new programs and products.
- Languages: Fluent in English (daily use) and German.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Open-minded team player with good comprehension skills.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899