Join the Interactive Brokers Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 40 years and we pride ourselves on being a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
The Applications Programming department works on the back-end and internal systems that enable our brokerage operations including the handling of customer cash, securities borrowing and lending, regulatory reporting, trade settlement and reconciliation, corporate action processing, customer statements, reference data systems, and IPO processing to name just a few. In addition, we also continuously work on our fully integrated internal development and operational tools used to handle functions such as software releases, job scheduling, service location and security frameworks, and build management tools.
We are looking to continuously improve our intelligent, automated systems to provide the world class solutions and systems our brokerage customers expect. Typical projects can include improving an existing algorithm, adding a new feature, working on system scalability, prototyping the application of a new technology, or investigating and fixing an existing system issue.
What you possess:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- 0-3 years of Java experience or similar object-oriented language experience.
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented concepts, n-tier applications, and follow SOLID principles.
- Knowledge of relational databases with bonus points for experience with Oracle.
- Desire to challenge the status quo, create simple elegant solutions to complex problems, and follow solutions from development through production release, acceptance testing, and support.
- Hands on experience with server-side programming ideally with Java/JEE or C++, message-oriented systems, RESTful web services, and microservices.
- Experience with configuration and deployment on application servers ideally JBoss.
- Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus otherwise you have a desire to learn about and understand financial instruments and concepts.
- You are a continuous learner and will use and/or learn the right language and technology to solve a problem.
- Detail-oriented self-starter that is comfortable working both independently and collaborating with your team.
- Passionate about writing clean, well-tested, and maintainable code.
- High level of comfort in an environment of continuous integration and deployment.
You will be someone who can:
- Work with business stakeholders to develop back-end services and algorithms for a new feature along with a web-based management UI.
- Optimize, improve, and support existing algorithms and systems to reach the goal of highly automated robust systems with full test coverage requiring minimal operational oversight.
- Create independent automated risk controls and checks to ensure that systems are performing as expected and catch potential errors as soon as possible.
- Develop message-oriented systems, batch processing applications, and web application-based management consoles.
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants.
- Daily company paid lunch.
- 401k with company match.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups.
- Team outings and dinners.
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.