Job Description and Responsibilities
You will be part of the Client Services Development Team that is responsible for:
- providing systems needed by Client Services division to operate efficiently and protect both the interest of our customers and ourselves as a Broker; systems should be available 24-hour weekday throughout regional centers located in America, Europe and Asia
- development and improvement of our customer interaction applications, middle-tier servers and related internal applications
We are looking for someone who can:
- design, implement and deliver high quality software solutions that conform to architectural standards
- manage and 'own' significant development tasks end-to-end (from business requirements analysis to 3rd level production support)
- demonstrate excellent collaboration skills in working closely with other development teams to roll-out important changes and applications
- BS in Computer Science
- 5+ years of hands-on development experience using core Java
- deep understanding of concurrency and multithreading
- good understanding of design patterns and antipatterns
- experience with multi-tiered application development
- database experience (JDBC, JPA; Oracle specifics and PL/SQL is a plus)
- Spring framework (core, MVC, JDBC, REST, JMS, etc.)
- hands-on messaging experience (e.g. JMS, Kafka)
- experience with REST and SOAP Webservices
- advanced user of Git, Ivy, Ant
- HTML5 technology stack and related frameworks (JQuery, Bootstrap, etc.)
- good Unix knowledge and basic shell scripting skills
- strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Perl scripting
- Knowledge of Web and Application containers (i.e. Jetty, Tomcat, JBoss/Wildfly)
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info