JAVA DEVELOPER (MULTIPLE POSITIONS)
We are currently looking for highly skilled programmers from junior to senior level with an affinity and liking for Mathematics and passion for high-quality software engineering. Our openings could be qualified mostly as „back-end development” however day-to-day responsibilities may be connected to front-end tasks as well.
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
As a Java developer your tasks and responsibilities may include:
- Designing, implementing, and delivering high quality software solutions that conform to architectural standards
- Managing and “owning” significant development tasks end-to-end (from business requirements analysis to 3rd level production support)
- Demonstrating excellent collaboration skills in working closely with other development teams to roll-out important changes and applications
- Researching, conceiving, and developing technology solutions to extend and improve IB’s customer facing and back-end applications
- Reviewing code changes made by other developers to ensure correctness, efficiency, readability, and conformity with best practices
- Optimizing and refactoring existing code for improved reliability and performance
- Writing and maintaining design and engineering documentation
- Testing, fine-tuning, and deploying new software features
- Performing maintenance, updating production configuration required for rolling out new functionality and providing technical support
Our key requirements are:
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience in Java development
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SQL and/or relational databases, other data storage solutions
- Experience in working in Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in at least one scripting language (e.g., Unix Shell)
- Strong communicational skills in English
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Base salary pegged to Euro
- Discretionary annual bonus (cash and stock)
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free recreational pass (AYCM XL package)
- Daily food allowance in the office
- Monthly BKK pass
- Hybrid way of working (2 days home office/week)
- Modern office in the heart of Budapest with free amenities
- Great atmosphere with friendly and exceptional colleagues, frequent company outings.
*The benefits package will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
You will be part of team that is building one of the world’s strongest brokerage brands, and part of a global enterprise that employs technology in all aspects of its business to generate prudent, controlled growth.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899