Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features, all for the lowest cost to our customers. To achieve that, we seek to actively understand and prudently manage our Firmwide risk profile.
As part of our expanding Enterprise Risk Management organization, Interactive Brokers is seeking to recruit a Technology & Security Risk Manager. This is a second line of defense role, based in Greenwich, reporting directly to the Head of Technology Risk.
Responsibilities will include the alignment of the IT Risk Management Framework to industry standards, execution of Risk Assessments for Technology processes and for IT systems, event analysis and remediation, development and monitoring of Key Risk Indicators (KRIs), scenario analysis and the monitoring of the Firms Technology and Security risk profile against its risk appetite.
- Support the Head of Technology Risk in executing all aspects of the ITRM Framework in the US, and work with the global ERM teams to manage the Technology and Security risk profile in their locations
- Partner with risk owners in Technology to execute the RCSA program, ensuring results are documented appropriately, are actionable and are defensible to third party review
- Conduct Targeted Risk Assessments on priority areas to identify opportunities for control enhancement and risk mitigation
- Participate in firmwide projects to identify, assess and manage Technology and Security risks related to delivery of the IB business model
- Build and monitor Key Risk Indicators for Technology, escalating changes to the risk profile to risk owners including breaches of risk appetite limits, and identifying remedial strategies to bring exposures within tolerance
- Conduct root cause analysis on events/incidents and agree control enhancements with Technology owners
- Conduct analysis on the technology architecture – risks and controls – at the request the Head of Technology Risk or the Chief Risk Officer
- Partner with Technology leads and SMEs to ensure the effectiveness of the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery programs
- 5+ years in Technology Risk or related function (first line Technology Operations, Technology Control, IT audit) in financial services
- Experience in developing and maintaining Technology and Security risk frameworks, policies and guidance e.g. COBIT, ITIL, NIST, etc. – practical experience in executing technology and security risk assessments against these frameworks
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in relevant IT/Security domains (e.g. Application Development, Change Management, Application Security, Security Operations, Cyber Security monitoring, Vulnerability Management, Incident Management, Identity and Access Management or Cloud Security/Infrastructure);
- Knowledge of ITRM industry best practice and regulatory standards – forward thinking approach to application of risk standards
- Highly diligent individual - results driven and hard working – ability to execute risk assessments to a high degree of quality; professionally skeptical
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent work ethic, highly credible and influential presenter (verbal and written); strong communicator and influencer; team player
- Superior analytical abilities and decision-making skills; ability to exercise independent judgment
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced education degree and/or professional qualifications in the field of IT Risk Management, Information Security, Cyber Security etc. preferred - ISACA etc.
- Strong MS Office skills
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info