- Designing and developing scalable applications for mission-critical systems, eg: tools used by IB personnel and/or clients: tools used to restrict trading, monitor customer activity, make post-trade modifications, generate trade reports.
- Being involved in the server-side phases of a multi-tier software development cycle (databases, middle tier, scripts).
- Debugging and maintaining existing systems.
- Optimizing and refactoring existing code for improved reliability and performance.
- Reviewing code changes made by other developers.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related degree.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with light supervision.
- Knowledge of relational databases (including handling large/complex data sets), SQL, PL/SQL (Oracle is a plus).
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and understanding of commonly used design patterns.
- 3+ years of experience using core Java (at least one year using Java 1.8 or later is a plus).
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Strong English communication skills.
- 5+ years of experience working with complex / heterogeneous systems.
- Willingness to dig into challenging investigations regardless of programming language used within the project.
- Knowledge of at least one scripting language.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Discretionary annual bonus (cash and stock)
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free recreational pass (AYCM XL package)
- Daily food allowance in the office
- Monthly BKK pass
- Hybrid way of working (2 days home office/week)
- Modern office in the heart of Budapest with free amenities
- Great atmosphere with friendly and exceptional colleagues and frequent company outings.
*The benefits package will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899