Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
As Senior Data Architect – Team Lead, you will collaborate with the enterprise architect to develop a program, run as process owner, build, and configure acquire tooling to design solutions with performance, maintainability, scalability, and reliability in mind. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to mentor, influence, and partner with engineering teams to deliver scalable robust solutions.
You will be someone who will :
- Lead the:
- Development of patterns, standards and best practices in the data engineering and solutions space and;
- Data architecture strategy, design and best practices data platforms and related solutions.
- Review and identify data solutions in collaboration with the technology teams across the enterprise
- Work with engineering teams to implement architectures
- Influence product and delivery requirements, roadmaps, and vision
- Manage data engineering team under the Enterprise Architecture organization
- Deliver enterprise solutions / architectures with emphasis on data privacy, integrity, scalability, and availability
- Produce organized and comprehensive system architectures and the related documentation
- Design and build functioning proof of concepts for proposed architectures
You will need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 7+ years of hands-on cloud engineering experience with public clouds (AWS required)
- 5+ years of experience of Data Lake platform implementation
- 3+ years of IT management experience
- Working experience with:
- building and leading engineering teams
- designing, building, and running enterprise distributed systems, real-time ETL, data pipelines
- AWS services such as Athena, Glue, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB, NoSQL, Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon EMR and Amazon Redshift
- RDBMS, Spark, Hadoop, Kafka
- programming languages such as Java and Python
- CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure as code (IaC)
- serverless big data solutions in AWS
To be successful in this position you will posses:
- Exceptional personal communication and teamwork interaction skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- A startup personality and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.