Join The INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983. We pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company and challenging the status quo. We push boundaries to offer our clients the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features at the lowest cost. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
About the Team:
This role is within the Global Windows Platform & Services team. It is responsible for planning, designing, automating, orchestrating and implementing the entire VMware and HPE solutions stack in our data centers. You will work with the on-premise VMWare infrastructure, IaaS, SaaS and software-defined networking (SDN) solutions. You will need expert knowledge of VMware, HPE, AWS, Microsoft Azure, and other 3rd party cloud technologies.
Daily Duties Include:
- Create conceptual, logical and physical designs for all VMware and cloud-based virtualization solutions.
- Gather and document business requirements, assess technical capabilities and analyze findings to translate them into technology solutions.
- Perform in-depth technical research and analyze results to recommend suitable approaches for solving complex and challenging technical and integration problems.
- Analyzing, deploying, administering, and supporting VMware Horizon View VDI infrastructure, including thin clients and other VDI-related technologies.
- Follow policies and procedures for change, problem and incident management.
- Guide virtualization engineers and interact with IB project managers.
- Work with other IBKR Teams to assist in designing their virtual infrastructure and provide best practice guidance during and after the infrastructure deployment.
- Share the leading industry best practices with other team members.
- Proactively participate in L3 problem escalations and resolve desktop, server and virtualization support issues.
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call rotation and planned maintenance activities after hours and on weekends when needed.
Key Technical Skills & Competencies:
- 8-15 years of experience designing and implementing virtual desktop environments utilizing industry-standard virtualization technology.
- 8+ years designing and supporting an environment that utilizes at least 50% desktop virtualization technology for the end-user compute infrastructure.
- Preferred experience in a global financial organization (e.g., Brokerage, Trading, Investment Management).
- Expert knowledge and experience designing, deploying and managing VMware Horizon View 6.0 to 7.5. Expert knowledge of HP ProLiant server and blade hardware portfolio and enterprise solutions.
- Expert knowledge of VMware VSphere & Horizon View in high-availability (HA) environments.
- Expert knowledge of VMware NSX-T security software
- Expert-level technical experience with enterprise NAS / SAN storage arrays such as 3PAR, EMC, VSAN, etc.
- Expert understanding of networking concepts, LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, routing, switching and firewalls.
- Expert-level enterprise data backup, recovery and replication knowledge using various enterprise solutions (Commvault, Symantec, EMC, etc.).
- Enterprise knowledge of Load Balancers, Security Certificates and Reverse proxies.
- Enterprise knowledge of hardware & software monitoring and performance tuning tools.
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM), NSX, vRealize Operation manager and configuration and update manager.
- Experience with VB, Batch, PowerShell and other scripting languages.
- Experience with Microsoft Hyper-V / Citrix is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong client service and professional client-facing skills
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical / troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools and techniques to increase automation, performance and scalability.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the IB global Windows team.
- VMware Certifications are a strong plus (VCP7-DV and VCP8-DTM preferred), and some will be required within a year of joining IBKR.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits, including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company lunch allowance provided, and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899