IBKR is looking for individuals with a passion and ambition for a career in security operations. The Security and Fraud Investigation Specialist is responsible for establishing, implementing, monitoring, reviewing and improving a suitable set of controls to protect our client's information and assets, towards ensuring the business objectives of the organization. You will focus on ensuring a solid user experience and contribute to further improve our already robust security protocols. You’ll have on occasion direct contact with clients while conducting research and investigations.
The ideal candidate will possess an eye for accuracy and detail, with capacity for independent work and subject matter ownership. We need a Specialist with focus, passion and commitment to security in an advanced technological environment. Information Security knowledge, understanding of financial sector mechanisms, awareness of social engineering security attack methods and the skills to counter those events are essential for a successful candidate.
- Monitor, detect, assess, and respond to security threats against our client-facing platforms and services.
- Enhance the overall internal teams' involvement in client-facing security and drive cultural change in a collaborative manner.
- Participate in incident response and conduct risk assessments.
- Coordinate and support detection, investigation and mitigation. Understand when to escalate events and to whom.
- Utilize existing processes and technologies in place, to detect, respond and prevent client-facing security event attacks.
- Interprets, analyses and reports all events and anomalies in accordance with cyber-security related directives, including responding to and reporting discovered events.
- Support identification, enhancement, improvement and delivery of monitoring and response methods and processes.
- Be responsible for incident triage, response and escalation.
- Be responsible for both reactive and proactive security investigations.
- Undertake security incident monitoring activities, working with cross functional teams globally, to detect and respond to events.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years in a fraud prevention, banking or other financial services fraud prevention and detection position.
- 3+ years experience in an information security role with application security.
- MSc in STEM areas (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
- Excellent communication (spoken and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Organized, analytical, practical - good attention to detail.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
- Able to take the initiative. Positive 'can do' attitude and a determination to succeed.
- Languages: Good English, Cantonese and Mandarin. Any additional language is a plus.
- Good level of knowledge in network fundamentals.
- Good level of understanding in the approach threat actors take to attacking a network: phishing, port scanning, web application attacks, DDoS, lateral movement.
- Basic understanding of Cloud architecture and how an attacker can utilize these platforms.
- Foundational level of scripting knowledge is desirable.
- Holder of professional Security-related certification (e.g. CAMS-certification) will be an advantage.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- CPF Contributions
- Excellent medical insurance, including dental, specialist and in-patient
- Competitive package of Annual Leave
- Daily lunch ordered in house with fully stocked kitchen
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
- Corporate discount on selected fitness centers
- Great work life balance
- Unique opportunity to gain exposure to global financial products, markets and clientele
- Opportunities for career progression and job scope expansion in a global company with growing local presence
- Hybrid work arrangement role permitting
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899