Application Support - Technical Operations Specialist (TOPS)
IBKR Financial Services AG seeks an individual to join our Technical Operations team. In order to provide the best online trading experience in the world, Interactive Brokers software, systems, and other crucial business technology must be maintained, monitored and supported at all times with locations across the globe with vigilance, tenacity and precision. To achieve that goal, Interactive Brokers maintains a small team of cross-trained and exceptionally responsible individuals unbound to one specific skill or discipline. With bushido spirit, these operators develop tools, systems and solutions to ensure the correct function of the various systems encompassing Interactive Brokers’ platform. The operators gain experience and provide additional value working under the expert direction of senior trade, skill and industry experts to resolve complex issues with specific technology, hardware and software components.
- Monitor all aspects of the Interactive Brokers global brokerage system
- Analyze, address, escalate and resolve brokerage system operational issues
- Communicate with exchanges to configure, test, and implement new trading technologies
- Work with our developers to design new and improved existing brokerage processes
- Design and develop new monitoring and automation processes
- Act as primary escalation point for any and all technical issues
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Bachelors degree or apprenticeship in a technical discipline combined with professional experience
- In-depth knowledge of computers, networks and technology in general
- The ability to analyze and solve problems promptly and accurately
- Willingness to work shifts and weekends
- Strong English communication skills
- Prior Experience in a Technology Position
- Experience with Unix / Linux style command line interfaces
- Prior experience with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python)
- A keen desire to explore and learn new concepts, systems and technologies
Company Benefits & Perks:
- Discretionary annual bonus (cash and stock)
- Private healthcare insurance
- Free recreational pass (AYCM XL package)
- Daily food allowance in the office
- Monthly BKK pass
- Modern office in the heart of Budapest with free amenities
- Great atmosphere with friendly and exceptional colleagues, frequent company outings.
*The benefits package will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to change.
You will be part of team that is building one of the world’s strongest brokerage brands, and part of a global enterprise that employs technology in all aspects of its business to generate prudent, controlled growth.
Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IBKR) is a global financial services company headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA, with offices in over 15 countries. We have been at the forefront of financial innovation for over four decades, known for our cutting-edge technology and client commitment.
IBKR affiliates provide global electronic brokerage services around the clock on stocks, options, futures, currencies, bonds, and funds to clients in over 200 countries and territories. We serve individual investors and institutions, including financial advisors, hedge funds and introducing brokers. Our advanced technology, competitive pricing, and global market help our clients to make the most of their investments.
Barron's has recognized Interactive Brokers as the #1 online broker for six consecutive years. Join our dynamic, multi-national team and be a part of a company that simplifies and enhances financial opportunities using state-of-the-art technology.