Lawyer (+1 PQE)
Interactive Brokers Ireland Limited (IBIE) is looking for a motivated, talented and dynamic lawyer to assist IBIE’s General Counsel in carrying out legal and regulatory work required to support current and future business initiatives. The successful candidate will sit in the Dublin office but will have daily interaction with Interactive Broker’s (IB) wider legal and compliance teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the legal and regulatory work required to support IBIE and IB’s other European brokers
- Drafting and reviewing agreements, disclosures, account documentation and website materials
- Assisting with regulatory inquiries from the Central Bank of Ireland and other EU regulatory authorities as well as EU and worldwide exchanges
- Advising IBIE on corporate governance issues
- Researching and interpreting existing and forthcoming Irish and EU laws and regulations
- Assisting IBIE Compliance with customer litigation and complaints
- Advising on cross border business in relation to licensing requirements and applicable conduct of business rules
- Advising on employment issues
- Liaising and engaging with external legal advisers
- A qualified lawyer with 2-6 years of experience at a law firm, financial institution, financial services regulatory agency, exchange or broker-dealer
- Excellent academic background
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work independently
- Ability to outline complex matters in a simple, logical and conclusive manner
- Strong conceptual, organizational and analytical skills
- Dedicated problem solver with a can-do attitude
- Practical and flexible approach to work
Other Terms and Conditions:
- Candidates are on a probationary period of three (3) months from the date of joining
- Candidates must have a UK or EU passport or a qualifying work permit/residency to work in Ireland
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.