Interactive Brokers is looking for a motivated and talented corporate attorney with experience in fintech businesses and online trading who is interested in joining the firm’s General Counsel office in Greenwich, CT or Washington, DC. Experience with negotiation of vendor agreements, client agreements, business transactions, data privacy, regulation of broker-dealers (SEC, CFTC, FINRA) and strong knowledge of electronic trading systems and/or computer systems are substantial plus factors.
- Provide legal advice on a wide variety of corporate matters facing an electronic broker dealer with global operations, including assessing potential new acquisitions or other business opportunities, negotiating vendor contracts, drafting client agreements and disclosures, assessing exceptional client transactions or requests, entity formation and corporate governance, employment, marketing, data privacy, cybersecurity, development and enforcement of corporate policies and procedures, regulatory compliance, intellectual property, and litigation risk.
- Assisting in legal assessment and development of new business or product lines, including drafting client agreements, seeking regulatory approvals, drafting policies and procedures, and assessing and mitigating legal and regulatory risks.
- Identifying necessary changes to the firm’s systems and procedures to meet new rules/regulations.
- Crafting written specifications or instructions for programmers and technology staff to respond to new regulations or to launch new business lines.
- Drafting agreements, disclosures, account documentation and website materials.
- Ability to manage complex projects.
- A minimum of 3+ years post-J.D. experience at a law firm, financial services regulatory agency, exchange, or broker-dealer.
- Experience drafting and negotiating client, vendor and/or other transactional or business agreements.
- Sound understanding of securities and derivatives markets and electronic trading.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a small-team environment and to work independently and to multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Solid academic background.
- Member in good standing of the bar of any U.S. state or the District of Columbia.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.