Technical Operations Analyst
- Monitor multiple servers that simultaneously run various applications and scripts and ensure issues/bugs are resolved in a timely manner
- React to production incidents and rectify problems; work with respective developers to improve applications
- Set monitoring system and checks to ensure issues are caught early
- Write scripts for Technical Operations group in automating processes and tasks like data archiving/clean-up, automated process restarts, etc.
- Monitor, assess and detect any issues within the automation process
- Bring full system up after planned maintenance
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced Linux/Unix user, including but not limited to
- Networking (e.g., SSH, NFS)
- System monitoring / troubleshooting (e.g., load, ports, file descriptors)
- Comfortable with VIM/Emacs
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Python knowledge (primarily utility scripting)
- Understanding of Nagios
- Comfortable with GIT
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Perl experience
- Java experience
- Rsyslog knowledge
- Understanding of Ganglia
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.