Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has consistently been at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. Our focus is on providing cutting-edge trading technology to keep our clients one step ahead. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful.
The Software Engineer will be working in a team responsible for margin and risk input data management and market statistics, will participate in the complete redesign of legacy systems and implementation of new, modern, scalable and robust data management systems.
You will be responsible for:
- Migrating legacy MySQL database systems into
- Refactoring and improving legacy DB schemas
- Oracle Database Maintenance
- Designing and developing DB APIs
- Designing and developing applications based on REST API
- Developing back-end website applications
- Developing front-end website architecture
- Developing data quality and integrity checks
- Working with historical data, large amounts of data
- Automatizing margin rate calculations
You are someone who has:
- Solid academic background (minimum Bachelor’s degree) showing strong knowledge in Software Engineering, Mathematics, Science. Finance experience is not required but preferred.
- Excellent English skills are required
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Detail oriented with solid math skills
- Self-motivated and energetic
- Professional demeanor with proficient communication skills
- Ability to work in a small-team environment with a servicing attitude
- Ability to read, understand and modify legacy software code
- Ability to design and implement new software architectures
- Strong database programming skill, proficiency with SQL/PL SQL
- Proficiency with Java EE
- Familiarity with further server-side languages such as Perl, Python and PHP
- Familiarity with Linux systems
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info