Financial Risk Analyst
The Financial Risk Analyst will be responsible for assisting in building out the Global Enterprise Risk Function and oversight of 2LOD financial risk in IBIE. The overall responsibility of the team is to oversee and independently monitor the business lines within the organisation. A general knowledge of financial risk management principles is needed with technical knowledge of one or more of credit/liquidity/market or capital risk.
The role will sit in the second line of defense and will assist in managing risk and processes to identify and report on financial risk exposures faced by the organisation.
- Oversight and analysis of financial risk related information – credit, liquidity, market and capital
- Apply knowledge of regulatory standards such as IFR/IFD, CRR/CRD and EBA GLs
- Counter-party Credit risk evaluations for external counter-parties
- Daily monitoring of financial risk exposures in various parts of the company’s businesses
- Various ad hoc projects, which may entail data analysis or web-based research
- Identifying and reporting on key financial risks, trends and emerging risks facing the organisation
- Assisting in the documentation of financial risk policies, procedures and methodologies
- Presenting risk related information to senior stakeholders
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, mathematics or business or similar
- 4-6 years experience in a risk or regulatory related role e.g. risk consulting, risk management, quantitative analysis
- Working knowledge of one or more of the following risk areas: Credit, Liquidity, Market or Capital Risk
- Working knowledge of EBA/ECB/Basel Risk principles and Standards
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and use of this tool to present data clearly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks within strict time constraints
- Knowledge of/interest in global financial markets
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info