Job Description & Responsibilities
The Interactive Brokers Group is one of the leading global brokers with a well-established technology driven culture. We have selected Budapest, Hungary as the future headquarters for our Central and Eastern European business and are seeking bright, motivated, entrepreneurial people to help launch what we expect to be one of the Group’s leading operations.
- Operate as part of a team of AML professionals conducting Enhanced Due Diligence (“EDD”) reviews on existing IBCE customers on a time cycle that is reflective of the customers risk rating;
- Through training and AML knowledge, ensure critical evaluation is conducted of information identified through public searches for negative news, source of funds/wealth, evidencing beneficial ownership, checks against customers and associated entities/persons in the Offshore Leaks Database; review of any past or pending regulatory enquiries related to customer accounts; and review of cashiering activity, including deposits, withdrawals and wire transfers to identify suspicious activity is placed on file;
- Evaluate, resolve or make recommendations on negative news and/or red flags or potential PEP matches escalated by the New Account Team(s);
- Support the Head of EDD by responding to questions, issues and escalations on all aspects of the KYC/EDD programme. This will require working closely and in a coordinated fashion with the AML and Trade Surveillance and Special Investigations Team(s);
- Ensure adherence to the firm’s KYC and EDD procedures to ensure a consistent approach to meeting local regulatory expectations and requirements as well as IBCE’s AML policies and procedures is implemented;
- In conjunction with the Team Leader, liaise with the 1LOD on new initiatives, products and services as well as other matters as it relates to the risk assessment process, ensuring staff understand their accountability for compliance with all AML policies and procedures;
- Assist the Head of EDD by collating information/documentation for any visits by external auditors, regulatory and government bodies as part of their assessment of IBCE’s KYC/EDD programme when required;
- Ensure AML policies and procedures relating to the 1LOD and that are linked to the Risk Assessment and Monitoring & Testing Teams activities remain up to date and new versions have been produced, approved and distributed for implementation to relevant parties;
- Develop ongoing communication with individuals who perform this role in other jurisdictions to leverage ‘best practices’ and inform on regulatory changes occurring in Hungary;
Qualification & Skills
- At least 2+ years’ experience in AML compliance, preferably at a large broker or other financial institution with a European customer base or an EU regulator;
- A Bachelor’s degree in law, business, finance, or accounting preferred or Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or similar ICA Diploma;
- Good knowledge of Hungarian regulations and European Directives in connection with KYC/EDD/CIP requirements;
- Good analytical skills, intermediate experience with MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel together with a strong attention to detail;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a small team as well as independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Hungarian are a must; any other language is a plus)
- Candidates must have an EU passport or a qualifying work permit/residency to work in Hungary
- Experience in working within MNB guidelines is an advantage.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info