Utilizing IB's risk navigator and other risk management tools; the Risk Analyst will leverage data visualization, analytical tools and frameworks that are integrated into company's trading platform (trader workstation) and back-end systems; collecting requirements from senior management, quantitative experts and clients in order to monitor trading desk’s performance and risk utilization, supervising risk-taking activities as well as adherence to planned strategy and proactively identify, capture, and evaluate risk incidents.
The ideal candidate will
- Be proficient in risk and statistical measures, such as: VaR, mVaR, cVaR, sVaR, expected shortfall, beta-adjusted exposure as a starting point
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting and analysis of exposures, risks, P/L explanation.
- Have a high level of comfort with overall risk management at the enterprise level.
- Apply advanced analytic & modeling techniques to assist in developing solutions and frameworks for viewing and explaining the risk in the trading portfolio to a variety of constituents, from individual traders to senior executives.
- Have experience Interfacing with front, middle, and back office to understand and analyze trading activity and how it impacts the broader business.
- Develop a deep understanding of digital asset trading business, exposures, strategies and market fundamentals
- Develop approaches for managing, monitoring and/or mitigating these risks and challenges - implementing risk management procedures, reviews and, if appropriate, approve and/or recommend relevant limits.
- Prepare daily risk reports and monitor limits compliance and report overages to the Heads of Risk and Trading departments.
- Close communication with trading desks and active monitoring of trading/risk activity and PnL events
- Prepare technical and fundamental analysis/research of digital assets markets and portfolio risks
- Work with originations, risk management and trading to define and evaluate risks on potential transactions
- Pro-active identify and escalate to management on potential market risk events and regulatory/policy changes
- Collaborate with software developers to develop and maintain risk tools
- Analyze orders and quoting behavior of our electronic execution strategies
- Support month-end and quarter-end close process, in conjunction with the Accounting and Operations, to generate timely and accurate results for subsequent consolidation and reporting to senior management
- Support ad hoc reporting requirements and/or special projects, developing and improving upon data visualizations and reportsMonitor regulatory capital limits
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Financial Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or another quantitative field and a minimum of 2 years experience in risk management of stock, ETFs, ETNs, currencies, futures, options, warrants and bonds or investing in these products.
- Proficient in risk and statistical measures, such as: VaR, mVaR, cVaR, sVaR, expected shortfall, beta-adjusted exposure as a starting point.
- Excellent numerical,verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make informed decisions in fast-paced trading environment
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan (401K) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info