Job Description & Requirements
Interactive Broker is expanding our client educational offering. We are looking for an experienced financial professional to create additional content and manage the production process for our clients use and collaborate with third-party Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) sites.
The Education Content Manager will report to the Chief Market Analyst at our Headquarters in Greenwich, CT. The successful individual will join a collaborative team and should have a strong understanding of financial markets, investment fundamentals with experience in content creation and Learning management system(LMS). The position will require the use of intelligent algorithms to make automated recommendations for courses based on a user's skill profile as well as extract meta-data from learning materials in order to make such recommendations even more accurate.
The current course content stems from the practical use of financial concepts applied by investors using our flagship trading platform, Trader Workstation (TWS). We developed Traders’ Academy, to educate our sophisticated audience about different asset classes, which blends the use of TWS with trading and investing information. Traders’ Academy content is a hybrid of video and written content designed to test the investor and enhance their financial market understanding. In keeping with this mission, the education content manager should be comfortable with devising and writing new course content to cover stocks, options, futures, forex and company fundamentals.
- Map out lesson content curate courses
- Create scripts, supporting material and resource additional advantageous reading material
- Generate quiz content and be comfortable with formatting client-friendly study notes
- Package up, submit and monitor course content sent to compliance for approval
- Monitor the Traders’ Academy website and respond to public and client inquiries on course material
- Maintain communications with third-party education providers to make required curriculum changes and engage with students i.e. monitoring a MOOC student forum and answering questions
- Apply existing knowledge and research practices to support students
Qualifications and Experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Information Technology, or related field
- A minimum of two year's experience leading content strategy for a high growth online course platform and producing high quality content on aggressive timelines
- Working experience with, Microsoft Office, SharePoint, Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Pro, Photoshop
- LMS tools or with existing MOOC providers a plus
- Familiarity with instructional design best practices high degree of creativity
- Self-starter with innate sense of curiosity and capacity for multidisciplinary thinking
- Positive approach to giving and receiving feedback, strong sense of accountability, acute attention to detail, and high degree of self-awareness
- Familiarity with culturally responsive teaching best practices
- Passion for promoting education
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonuses, and annual stock grants
- Daily company paid lunch
- 401k with company match
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Newly renovated offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
Interactive Brokers a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info