Job Description & Requirements:
Interactive Brokers Australia seeks an efficient and self-motivated individual that is hard working, detail-oriented, a quick learner, careful and a problem solver. The ideal person will be able to work well in a team environment. This position requires excellent coordination and strong customer service focus.
Part of the role will be to facilitate the client onboarding process by providing account opening guidance while building and maintaining long-term customer relationships as we expand our global service offerings with a focus on Australia. The successful candidate will be the first and most important impression new customers have of Interactive Brokers Australia.
Ability to identify, analyze, and escalate complex issues is a key requirement, as well as excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills. The candidate will be expected to take responsibility for identifying client needs while providing a high value experience to the end client.
- Ensure that the account opening process satisfies the client's needs by means of complete and through responses to account opening questions and concerns
- Process new account openings documentation in accordance with rules and regulations
- Assist the Compliance Officer with the approval process of new account applications on a daily basis
- Cross reference multiple databases for potential undesirable client matches
- Correspond with clients, sale representatives and customer service representatives
- Follow internal policy and procedures when dealing with any account-related suspicious activity
- Research and resolve a wide variety of client question/issues on the account opening process
- Multi task with a strong emphasis on AML and KYC knowledge while dealing with incoming customer queries
- Learn all aspects of the IB Brokerage platform /policy and offer alternatives and options to satisfy customer concerns while complying with policies, practices and procedures
- Work closely with Legal and Compliance, Program Developers, and Project Managers to ensure compliance with new and existing procedures and regulatory requirements
- General administrative support
- 2-3 years in Customer Service and/or Financial Service preferred. Fresh graduates who are motivated will also be considered
- Good understanding of relevant regulations and rules that govern client accounts in Australia
- Able to perform accurate work in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team, while handling multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously
- Strong customer service focus
- Fluency in English. Additional foreign languages are a plus
- Proficiency in basic PC applications
- Detail-oriented, Hardworking,Quick Learner,Careful, and Good problem solver
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg,Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info