Join us as we build the all-in-one financial management platform that gives our clients the power to borrow, earn, spend and invest in capital markets.
Interactive Brokers has been on the forefront of technological innovation for the past 40 years. Our focus on software development and automation consistently makes us the least expensive brokerage firm (see all the benefits we offer to our clients), and the largest electronic broker based on the number of trades.
Publicly traded under the symbol IBKR, 20+ billion dollars in market capitalization. Over 100 billion dollars in customer equity. Over 600 000 clients and rapidly growing at a rate of 20%+ year over year. Four large development hubs throughout the world. IB LLC is rated BBB+ investment grade by Standard & Poor's.
We need you, a fast-paced and self-directed achiever, to help us continue to lead the industry.
We offer competitive pay and a variety of interesting projects that will appeal to most hungry engineers. Our culture is centered on software development, and we have a very flat management hierarchy, ensuring that your talents and contributions will be noticed. Your voice will be heard and the changes you implement will make a difference.
Job description, tasks
- Assist clients to develop and debug their applications connecting to the IB API through which they can apply automated trading algorithms
- Assist clients in the integration of API applications with third party software (such as charting software)
- Build and maintain a resource library for clients, including program snippets, documentation, consultancy resources
- Create of a variety of test and demonstration programs that utilize the IB API that clients can use as samples for their own development needs
- In-house development assistance
- Assist in developing custom API solutions for internal users including other teams in Customer Service
- Bachelor's or advanced degree
- 2 years of coursework and/or work experience programming in Java, C#, Python, or C++
- 2-3 years IT work experience, preferably in Finance sector
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English to accommodate client inquiries directed via telephone, email or online chat
- Fast learner, proactive and helpful
- Strong multi-lingual verbal and written communication skills in any major language (French, German, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese) to accommodate client inquiries directed via telephone, email or online chat
- Understanding of Trading terminology
- Basic understanding and ability to work in various Operating Systems like Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- Competitive compensation package including share plan
- Vision and dental benefits,sport activities compensation
- International fast growing environment within a highly successful company
- Lunches paid for by the company
- Normal office hours: no night shifts, no weekend work
Starting date ASAP