OneDegree is a new generation of InsurTech that reimagining the industry with design and digital innovation. Our mission is to set new standards for insurance that puts customers first.
We are among the first batch of virtual insurers authorized by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority to provide insurance products purely through online channels. We pride ourselves on providing breakthrough innovations in products and services via our digital platform. We are currently offering Pet and Fire Insurance and expected to provide wider coverage to the general public in the coming year.
Want to join us and make a change? We are looking for a Junior Legal Counsel to support the next stage of our growth across Hong Kong, Taipei, Shenzhen, Singapore and beyond.
If you are self-motivated and a good team player, come and join our team!
What you will be doing:
- Advising on a variety of legal, compliance and governance related matters
- Assisting with drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts including insurance policies and SaaS contracts
- Supporting on fundraising and group structuring
- Help identifying and mitigating legal, regulatory and compliance risks in the business
- Help shaping and supporting the group’s governance landscape including directors and investors matters
- Working on investments and acquisitions for the group
What we’re looking for:
- Qualified as a lawyer in a common law or Asian jurisdiction
- 1-3 years post-qualification experience (with flexibility for exceptional candidates)
- Insurance experience a bonus
- Tech/SaaS experience a bonus
- Fluent English and Chinese essential (including being able to draft in both languages)
- Start-up mindset and strong interpersonal skills essential
More about us:
- Fast-growing insurtech startup in Hong Kong
- Young and energetic team
- Flat organization structure
- Opportunities to grow and shine!
We value our employee - let’s check out what we offer
- 15 days annual leave
- Medical benefits
- Work-life balance environment
To us, people are our greatest asset and we are more than happy to invest in employees! We create a healthy work atmosphere and provide you with the tools and support for doing your job successfully. With a culture of flexibility and transparency, we believe there should be no barriers, and everyone’s contributions matter.
We would like to be an ‘EMPLOYER OF CHOICE’!