OneDegree is a new generation of InsurTech that reimagining the industry with design and digital innovation. Our mission is to set new standards for insurance that puts customers first.
We are among the first batch of virtual insurers authorized by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority to provide insurance products purely through online channels. We pride ourselves on providing breakthrough innovations in products and services via our digital platform. We are currently offering Pet, Fire, Critical Illness and Home Insurance and expected to provide wider coverage to the general public in the coming year.
Want to join us and make a change? We are looking for a Software Engineer to create dynamic software applications for our clients.
If you are detail-minded and enjoy taking up new challenges, come and join our team!
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate with development teams to determine application requirements
- Write scalable code using Python and JS
- Test and debug applications
- Develop back-end components and coordinate with front-end developers
- Integrate user-facing elements using server-side logic
- Assess and prioritize client feature requests
- Integrate data storage solutions
- Reprogram existing databases to improve functionality
- Develop digital tools to monitor online traffic
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience as a Software Engineer with a well-rounded experience
- Expert knowledge of Python and related frameworks such as Django
- A deep understanding of multi-process architecture in Python
- Familiarity with common frontend JS / CSS / HTML technologies
- Familiarity with testing tools
- Ability to collaborate on projects
- A self-starter and highly motivated individual with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
More about us:
- Fast-growing insurtech startup in Hong Kong
- Young and energetic team
- Flat organization structure
- Opportunities to grow and shine!
We value our employee - let’s check out what we offer
- 20 days annual leave
- Medical benefits
To us, people are our greatest asset and we are more than happy to invest in employees! We create a healthy work atmosphere and provide you with the tools and support for doing your job successfully. With a culture of flexibility and transparency, we believe there should be no barriers, and everyone’s contributions matter.
We would like to be an ‘EMPLOYER OF CHOICE’!