OneDegree is a new generation of InsurTech that reimagining the industry with design and digital innovation. Our mission is to set new standards for insurance that puts customers first.
We are among the first batch of virtual insurers authorized by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority to provide insurance products purely through online channels. We pride ourselves on providing breakthrough innovations in products and services via our digital platform. We are currently offering Pet, Fire, Critical Illness and Home Insurance and expected to provide wider coverage to the general public in the coming year.
Want to join us and make a change? We are looking for a Head of Operations to manage our insurance operations.
If you are entrepreneurial and self-directed, come and join our team!
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with the CE and executive team in setting and driving the company vision, mission, values and strategies.
- Lead the insurance operations functions to support the general insurance business of the company.
- Operations functions include customer service, policy administration and claims.
- Work with technology teams to design and implement operation innovations and automations
- Monitor day-to-day operations and efficiency
- Forecast and plan operation resources, to meet the business needs
- Lead the operation teams to create new operation flows to support new products
- Review and improve operation flows and efficiency
- Finance and/or actuarial may also report to the COO, if the COO possesses the relevant experience.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree holder in any discipline
- At least 7 years of general insurance personal line experience; more than 5 years in insurance operations in either customer service, policy administration or claims
- Experience in commercial line products is a plus
- Experience in Finance and/or actuarial is a plus
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- A team player, with excellent leadership and management skills
- Constantly looking for improvements, willing to challenge BAU and experiment new operation flows
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Putonghua)
- Strong PC skills
More about us:
- Fast-growing insurtech startup in Hong Kong
- Young and energetic team
- Flat organization structure
- Opportunities to grow and shine!
We value our employee - let’s check out what we offer
- 25 days annual leave
- Medical benefits
To us, people are our greatest asset and we are more than happy to invest in employees! We create a healthy work atmosphere and provide you with the tools and support for doing your job successfully. With a culture of flexibility and transparency, we believe there should be no barriers, and everyone’s contributions matter.
We would like to be an ‘EMPLOYER OF CHOICE’!