OneDegree is a new generation of InsurTech that reimagines the industry with design and digital innovation. We are currently offering Pet, Fire, Critical Illness and Home Insurance and are expected to provide wider coverage to the general public in the coming year.
Want to join us and make a change? We are looking for an Assistant HR Manager who takes ownership of all HR matters across the company from recruitment to performance reviews, wage reviews, disciplinary action, and learning and development.
If you are proactive and have excellent problem-solving skills, come and join our team!
What you will be doing:
- Liaise with existing staff members, managers, supervisors, and clients in order to achieve set goals.
- Establish professional relationships with clients, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Conduct research, write up reports, and present findings to staff and other stakeholders.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
- Manage employee records and benefits, including payroll, health insurance, and retirement plans
- Maintain employee morale by fostering a positive working environment through effective leadership and teamwork
- Promote company core values and support in organizing staff activities and company events, manage and engage the employees during the entire life-cycle
- Participate in ad hoc projects when required.
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in human resources or related fields.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues.
- Experience in following and maintaining workplace privacy.
- Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
We value our employee - let’s check out what we offer
- 20 days annual leave
- Marriage, parental and birthday leave
- Medical benefit
- Flat organizational structure
- Young and energetic team
OneDegree is part of a new generation of insurers that’s reimagining the industry with technology. We are among the first batch of virtual insurers authorized by the Hong Kong Insurance Authority to provide insurance products purely through online channels.
Our mission is to offer simpler, faster and better purchasing and claiming processes leveraging the seamless unity of innovation, technology, and customer-oriented philosophy.
We pride ourselves on providing breakthrough innovations in products and services via our digital platform. We are currently offering Pet, Fire, Critical Illness and Home Insurance and expected to provide wider coverage to the general public in the coming year.
To us, people is our greatest asset! We are agile, adaptive, and nimble – and most importantly, we always work as a team to make things happen. With a culture of flexibility and transparency, we believe everyone’s contribution matters.
We would like to be an ‘Employer of Choice’