Join the Interactive Brokers Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful. Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); is rated #1 - Best Online Brokers 4 years in a row by Barron’s , Best Online Brokers - Barron's Award (read more).
About the role -
As a global technology leader in Financial Services, IBKR maintains tens of thousands of individual IT components and millions of dollars of infrastructure supporting the business. Inside our global IT operations centers, these systems, networks, processes and infrastructure are monitored 24/7/365 ensuring platform stability and proper function.
We are searching for an SRE / IT Operations Engineer to work within the technical operations group, to support our technical operation analysts through automation and tooling.
- Take ownership of software tooling and configuration management software and infrastructure.
- Maintain and improve reliability of production services by developing innovative monitoring and scaling solutions to measure system health and automate resilience.
- Continuously improve hybrid, on-premise and cloud infrastructure to support development teams throughout the full service lifecycle.
- Support teams across the organization with connectivity configuration and file delivery automation using software development, networking and cyber security knowledge.
- Second level support for incident management across the brokerage system and creating corrective action plans through collaboration with problem managers using post-mortem best practices.
- Bachelor of Engineering or equivalent relevant technical experience in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or similar.
- Experience developing applications in any of the following languages: Python, C++, Java or Kotlin
- Practical background with Linux based systems and networking.
- Experience working with and managing configuration for monitoring / alerting systems (Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, ElasticSearch, Logstash, AlertManager).
- Infrastructure configuration and management with AWS and supporting cloud technologies (CloudWatch, Terraform, Kubernetes, Lambdas/Functions).
- Experience with DevOps technologies such as Docker / Docker-Compose, software build/packaging systems (Gradle, SetupTools, CMake, Make), dependency management (pip, maven, NPM etc.)
- Knowledge of file transfer protocols (SFTP, FTP), certificate management and modern encryption standards.
- Experience working in a software development team using supporting development tools (Jira, Git, Gitlab, Jenkins) and best practices (test coverage, unit & integration testing, linting).
- Experience with ITIL best practices and collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence and ServiceNow.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899