Join the Interactive Brokers Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform. We offer award-winning desktop, mobile and web applications which provide our clients with the tools they need to be successful. Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (IBKR); is rated #1 - Best Online Brokers 4 years in a row by Barron’s , Best Online Brokers - Barron's Award (read more).
About the role -
Senior Systems Engineer – Microsoft M365/Active Directory
This role within the Global Windows Platform & Services team is responsible for planning, designing, automating, orchestrating, and implementing the entire stack of Microsoft solutions in our data centers and in the Microsoft Cloud. You will need to have expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating and Office Suite, Microsoft Azure, M365 and other 3rd party cloud technologies.
Daily Duties Include:
- Create logical and physical design for all Microsoft M365 solutions (SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Exchange Online, End Point Manager, ATP and any new business-related requirements).
- Troubleshooting skills with Active Directory Infrastructure, Azure AD, Group Policies, AD/Infoblox DNS, Microsoft PowerShell, Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019 and Windows 10
- Gather and document business requirements, assess technical capabilities and analyze findings to translate into technology solutions.
- Perform in-depth technical research and analyze results to recommend suitable approaches for solving complex and challenging technical and integration problems.
- Follow policies and procedures for change, problem, and incident management.
- Plan, design, implement, and configure Active Directory and Group Policy in our domain environment.
- Share the leading industry best practices with other Windows team members.
- Proactively participate in L3 problem escalations and resolve desktop and server support issues.
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call rotation and planned maintenance activities after hours and on weekends when needed.
- Create High-level and Low-level Architecture for Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
Key Technical Skills & Competencies:
- 8-15 years of hands-on IT Engineering experience
- 5+ year in-depth Microsoft M365 Experience
- 5+ years of experience in similar role (Active Directory Design, Azure and O365 break/fix, engineering, complex implementations)
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a global financial organization (e.g., Brokerage, Trading, or Investment Management)
- In-depth experience with M365 Security and Compliance products, including eDiscovery, DLP and ATP
- In-depth experience with SMTP relaying mechanism and protocol
- In-depth experience with Microsoft Teams implementations and deployment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Strong customer service and professional client facing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and proven strong analytical / troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to learn new technologies and adopt new tools and techniques to increase automation, performance and scalability.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of the IB global Windows team.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE and MOUS) are a strong plus and some will be required within a year of joining IB.
- Understanding of networking concepts, LAN/WAN, DNS/DHCP, routing, switching and firewalls. Working knowledge of Infloblox is an added plus
- Expert experience in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Microsoft SQL & Windows clustering technologies, Active Directory, Group Policy and DFS file systems.
- Knowledge of cloud services such as Microsoft Azure, AWS (IaaS, SaaS, and PaaS) and other relevant cloud technologies.
- Expert-level experience with Active Directory federation services (ADFS, SAML, Single Sign-On (SSO), Two-Factor authentication and other related Identity and Access Management (IAM) technologies.
- Hands-on expertise working with a complex Active Directory infrastructure environment and the requirement of following strict standards, procedures and processes.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers LLC, a subsidiary of Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (Ticker: IBKR) is a direct access electronic broker serving professionals, frequent traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. Our clients have access to more than 150 market centers around the world from a single integrated account. Our employees are part of a dynamic, multi-national, fast-paced, results-oriented team that has spent four decades focused on advanced technology and automation that equips our clients with a uniquely sophisticated platform to manage their investment portfolios. We provide our clients with advantageous execution prices, risk and portfolio management tools, research facilities and investment products, at low or no cost, positioning them to achieve superior returns.
Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in more than 15 countries across the world.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click the link to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899