The Senior Accountant – Public Reporting has primary responsibility for the preparation of required public company filings with the Securities Exchange Commission (“SEC”). This position reports directly to the Director of Public Reporting and has significant growth potential.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized, analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Prepare and file public reports 10-K and 10-Q, including the MD&A and S-X Financials.
- Prepare and file other SEC reports such as earnings releases, proxy statements, registration statements, prospectus supplements, Section 16, and Form 8-K.
- Prepare quarterly package for Senior Management.
- Analysis and documentation of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Review and assist with the implementation of new accounting policies under U.S. GAAP and new SEC requirements.
- Ongoing responsibility to evaluate the processes to improve through automation or procedural changes.
- Ad-hoc analytical work and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in general accounting or financial reporting.
- Proficiency in MS-Excel.
- Experience in preparing and analyzing financial statements.
- High attention to detail.
- SEC reporting experience
- Strong writing skills.
- Certified Public Accountant (“CPA”) or in the process of becoming a CPA.
- MS Access and Excel macro proficiency.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info