Interactive Brokers is looking to hire a Model Governance and Risk Analyst at the Chicago Office. This is an entry-level position with excellent growth potential for highly motivated and exceptional performers. Analysts will report to a Model Governance Manager and will assist with ensuring the firm complies with Bank Secrecy Act, USA PATRIOT Act, anti-terrorist financing, sanctions, industry AML, and securities laws and regulations as it related to Models Governance and Risk.
As an analyst, you'll work as part of the firm-wide model governance and risk team responsible for upkeeping and executing the model governance framework.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop and update model testing plans
- Support and execute quarterly/yearly model testing and tuning activities
- Maintain model governance framework and keep all supporting documentation up to date
- Interacting with key model governance and other leadership stakeholders across Interactive Brokers around model risk during all model life cycle stages to ensure the effective governance and oversight of model identification, development, use, and evaluation processes.
- Assessing model documentation, including development, monitoring, and implementation documentation, for completeness against program standards and templates.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of data.
- Perform UAT testing of model changes
The ideal candidate will have some regulatory compliance experience working for an exchange, a regulatory organization, a Broker Dealer (BD), a Futures Commission Merchant (FCM) or similar organization.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, or related degree.
- Experience in documentation, power presentations and excels with strong analytical skills
- 1-2 years of relevant experience developing, testing, tuning, and validating models at financial institutions.
- Minimum 1-2 years of Relational databases experience (Oracle)
- Python or similar scripting language experience.
- Knowledge of model risk as it relates to AML, Sanctions and Market Manipulation
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks* and multi-monitor setups
*Sit/Stand desks are not present in all the offices.
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info