Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers Group has been consistently at the forefront of trading innovation, starting with the invention of the first floor-based handheld computer in 1983 and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers. Software development is the lifeblood of our firm, and it shows in our stellar brokerage platform.
About the role -
As IBKR Cloud Security Engineer you will be responsible for the design, deployment, and operation of a secure cloud infrastructure, while supporting operational innovation, workflow automation, and elevation of IBKR’s security posture within a cloud computing infrastructure. You will possess advanced troubleshooting skills, and be knowledgeable about architecture, engineering, and design principles. He/she will consistently assess the threat landscape and adapt quickly, to protect the business from identified threats. You will work closely with cloud infrastructure and application development teams to review their outputs for security risks and provide guidance on appropriate security practices.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain secure, resilient enterprise-grade cloud security infrastructure and processes in collaboration with system architects, infrastructure engineers, and application developers.
- Conduct rigorous oversight of security systems and security configuration administration to reduce risk to enterprise systems and accounts.
- Develop and deploy strong identity and access management (IAM) controls across applications and computing environments.
- Advise on development and utilization of scripts (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.) to support custom Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) tools with a security focus for data flow.
- Actively monitor, assess and recommend tactical and strategic initiatives based on new and emerging threats to cloud computing environments.
- Manage and track remediation efforts triggered by security assessments related to cloud computing environments.
- Formulate, document, and implement security improvements that balance risks with business operations efficiency and need for innovation.
What you will need to have:
- Must have 5 years of experience in cybersecurity with at least 2 years of exposure to cloud-based technologies and operations, preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Detailed technical understanding of how cloud environments operate “under the hood” (in addition to familiarity with best practices related to how cloud services should be utilized).
- Good understanding of security concepts and technologies.
- Experience with network and host-based monitoring, logging, alerting, and response frameworks.
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) technologies, such as Jenkins, CodeBuild, Puppet, etc.
What would be nice to have:
- Experience with creating and deploying Indications of Compromise (IoC), gathering system metrics, and responding to triggered alerts.
- Operational experience in maintaining and administrating the security posture of large-scale deployments.
- Familiarity with common security frameworks and standards, such as NIST CSF, ISO/IEC 27001:27013, CIS CSC, PCI DSS, etc.
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus and stock grant
- Hybrid work model
- Retirement plan 401(k) with competitive company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off and a generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Interactive Brokers ("IBKR"), a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR’s premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Estonia, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Ireland, Japan, Luxembourg, Russia, Singapore, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees.
(If the hyperlink is not active, copy and paste the following URL in your browser: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info
North America Agency recruiters interested in working with us can apply HERE.